optikillusion

Acti IP Dome availability?

Any Acti resellers or people in the "know" have an idea when the new D and E series domes will be available in the USA?

I like the D and E series 71 and 72 domes. They have local recording/storage which is what I really like. I e-mailed Acti but have not gotten a response yet.

http://www.acti.com/product/detail/Dome_Camera/d71

http://www.acti.com/product/detail/Dome_Camera/D72

http://www.acti.com/product/detail/Dome_Camera/E72

The ACTi domes are available, but as with any new camera, supplies may be limited until the catch up with demand. I'm waiting to get a few to do reviews on but this is about a 2-3 week process of getting approvals, will keep you posted.

Hi, I just checked the 3 main Acti Master Distributors stock, and not one has it on hand here in the USA. Status says either on order or special order for all of the models. I would say 90% or higher of all online resellers drop ship Acti from one of these master distributors due to low margins, so until they have them in stock, finding a valid place online to buy from is hit or miss.

buellwinkle if you want i can possibly send you some for review before i put them up my business.

Thanks for the offer but I'm working with ACTi to send me some soon. My contact has been on a job last week and I've been at a conference so I should be able to hookup next week. Trying to get some of the lower end 3 and 5MP cameras as that's been of interest lately although the ones I really want are not available yet, their 2mp.

I was also surprised to see so few 2mp's in their line up so far. E44 looks like the only new outdoor 2mp cam at this point.

Wow, is the E44 on their website already, that will be a cool camera, same sensor as the KCM-5611. I'll see how soon I can test that one.

So, I ended up ordering a D71 and a D72. Vendor gave me an ETA of 5 days. We will see...

I also picked up a used ACTi KCM-7911 hemispheric dome off of the bay to replace the Mobotix Q24-Day in my driveway. I really want the day/night function that the ACTi provides. I'm sad to see my Mobotix go, it is a great camera with awesome functions. I am still trying to figure out how to keep it.

So, I ended up ordering a D71 and a D72. Vendor gave me an ETA of 5 days. We will see...

I also picked up a used ACTi KCM-7911 hemispheric dome off of the bay to replace the Mobotix Q24-Day in my driveway. I really want the day/night function that the ACTi provides. I'm sad to see my Mobotix go, it is a great camera with awesome functions. I am still trying to figure out how to keep it.

I ordered a KCM-7911 to test and I sent it back. I has very disappointed with the 7911 with one of the main reasons it is on 1080P resolution and the night time performance was not so good.

I ordered a KCM-7911 to test and I sent it back. I has very disappointed with the 7911 with one of the main reasons it is on 1080P resolution and the night time performance was not so good.

With or without IR help?

Maybe it will make me keep my Mobotix

I wasn't happy with the day time image as you can see below.

What do you think?

ma7xzbg4jiegynyjmqww.jpg

Have a look at Axis's 5MP camera. I also have that one and I am most impressed by it over the Mobotix 360. Higher frame rates, better colors and lower bandwidth.

The old ACTi 4MP sensor is poor at night. The issue with the Axis is it's a nice camera, but indoor only and day only like the Mobotix but it can be used outdoors. Mobotix works well if you get the S14 with the Hemispheral lenses so you have true day/night with good low light performance, albeit at much lower resolution than you get from just about anyone else for twice the price.

I really wanted to try the 5MP Axis but it is not an outdoor camera and we get a lot of rain and high humidity here.

I will post some shots once I get the ACTi installed for comparison. I am surprised the ACTi could not handle the sky in that shot.

I wasn't happy with the day time image as you can see below.

What do you think?

ma7xzbg4jiegynyjmqww.jpg

Have a look at Axis's 5MP camera. I also have that one and I am most impressed by it over the Mobotix 360. Higher frame rates, better colors and lower bandwidth.

TWG, any chance you could stick an Avigilon WDR cam in the same spot to compare against that AXIS?

Have you received the D71 and D72 as yet? If so, what are they like? I haven't been able to find sample videos for them anywhere. I'm looking to purchase a few cameras and both have caught my eye. Thanks chief.

Have you received the D71 and D72 yet? I'd love to know what you think of them.

Have you managed to try out the D71 and D72 yet? What do you think of them?