Hi,

I'm completely new to CCTV, I've got as far as installing a Avtech 4 channel DVR and Two dome camera's. I was told to install the DVR in the loft and connect it with a cat5 thru cable to a our router and shown how to register it wirelessly to my wifes computor and we now have the Two camera's showing on screen. That's as far as we've got, we've now got to find how to access playback, motion detect, recording times and lot's of other things, (we are a pair of old numptys where computors are concerned) and this is proving a problem.

Apart from that I was just wondering if, in the future, I wanted to go another route, would this work? In our bedroom we've got a 19" flat screen television which we don't use mainly because it's analogue, if we wanted to use this instead of the computor would this be possible? I realise I would need to disconnect the cat lead from the DVR and fit a lead from there to the TV. But what lead would I need bearing in mind I think the only connection on the TV is scart. The reason for all this is, my wife dosen't really like having the system on her computor which I suppose makes sense because we both can't use it at the same time.

I would really appreciate any help and suggestions on this, before the duchess throws me out. " title="Applause" />

Pete.

Report this post

Hi Pete

UK?

You can still keep the Cat5 plugged in even if you connect another cable to TV, for this you need a RG59 Coax with BNC one end to connect DVR Monitor output and at other end Phono connector to connect to AV socket, or a scart to Phono adaptor.

This will give you live feed from the DVR

To control the unit a set of IR pyrmids like these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marmitek-PowerMid-XL-remote-control-extender-set-/261173472451?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_RemoteControls&hash=item3ccf26ecc3

This will let you change camera 1&2 to full screen or Quad and allow playback etc