RogerD

Linux REMOTE view software

I have an 8 camera Q-See system (it may not be professional grade, but it works great, and they do give excellent support). I can view it remotely using Internet Explorer on a Windoze machine, but I really need to access it remotely with a Linux box, running Ubuntu 12.04.

All the software I have found so far requires that it be run locally before it will access the system over the internet by port forwarding at the installation site. I ONLY need to do remote access with this software.

Can anyone point me to software that will do this?

I know that PSS (Professional Surveillance Software), will do this as it is used by them for Windoze and Mac. But I can't even find a contact for that company. Does anyone know that info?

It's a Q-See QC40108. It has 8 cameras. I have found an older PSS version that only shows 4, so I'm still looking...

Thanks!

Got your message about TaniDVR, downloaded it, will check it out soon.

Apparently it's CLI based, and the pics only show one screen active. Is that all it shows at one time? That web site doesn't tell me much, is there a place to get more info?

Thanks!

Got your message about TaniDVR, downloaded it, will check it out soon.

Apparently it's CLI based, and the pics only show one screen active. Is that all it shows at one time? That web site doesn't tell me much, is there a place to get more info?

Thanks!

I have no idea, never used it. (PC Guy)

You can register with them and get support via email.

You will also receive updates/findings by other users via email.

I've been following them for a while now with the intention to try it out, but never got around to it.