Rock

Help to get to LAN and Web please

Hi,

I have a NBN304 router ADSL (TPG) with the gateway 192.168.1.1 and LAN from 192.168.1.2

I have a static Internet address and 2 PC on the LAN with fixed IPs and a Samsung TV wireless. They all work fine.

Now I just bought a 8 cam DVR for security and I am trying to set it up to send images to the net. The manual leaves a lot to be desired and it is hard to make head nor tail of it.

I can get into the DVR directly to it's setup program but i am not sure what to enter in the network and mobile option fields.

I have it set at..

TYPE DHCP

MEDIA PORT 0900 This is DVR default

WEB PORT 00080 This is DVR default

DNS 192.168.001.001

IP ADDR 192.168.001.013

AUTO DNS 192.168.001.001

UPNP ON

DDNS Settings are all blank

The Mobile Area says

Mobile network 3G This is DVR default

Mobiole Port 00100 This is DVR default

I am with Telstra Mobile

Where am I going wrong please?

oz

To get started, I hope I understand everything. First off, you started the DVR in the DHCP mode, which got you your router gateway address and the IP address of the DVR.

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DVR IP address: 192.168.001.013

You also have the WebPort: 80

Media port: 900

Mobile port: 100

Before you do anything else, go into your DVR menu and change the DHCP to STATIC. That will lock your DVR IP to 192.168.001.013

Open your browser and enter the DVR address of 192.168.1.13 to see if you can see your DVR.

You will have to enter the default username and address of the DVR given to you in the owners manual. If you are successful in that, then,,,,,,,,

Find your owner's manual for the router and write down the username and password for it. Access your router's webpage by entering the Gateway address into your browser. Once there find where the "Port Forwarding" is mentioned. You will have to port forward the ports of 80, 900 and 100. Once you get that done, come back to the forum.

Dennis

Okay Many thanks.

OI have it working on the LAN now but not on the web

The Network setup on the DVR is

TYPE STATIC

MEDIA PORT 09000 This is DVR default

WEB PORT 00080 This is DVR default

DNS 192.168.001.001

IP ADDR 192.168.001.013

SUB 255.255.255.000

GATEWAY 192.168.001.001

UPNP ON

DDNS Settings are all blank

The Mobile Area says

Mobile network 3G This is DVR default

Mobile Port 00100 This is DVR default

In the router the virtual server or port forward already has a 80 but I have not set one for the 9000.

The static address of the router is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

That address with works fine at :8000 for my shoutcast

Thanks

Edited by Guest

What do you get when you get on a computer at your location and access whatismyip.com? I'm not sure what the "shoutcast" is, but know that the address and port that you listed is correct for it.

Dennis

Hi,

Shoutcast is a audio streaming program or script which many radio stations use to stream their music. That's what we use it for as well.

I get 123.243.xxx.xxx at that address. It is correct as I have it.

There doesn't seem to be any other area in the DVR menu which also allow for an internet IP as well as the LAN which is now working as I have set it up above.

Not sure which one to change in the dvr menu so I can use the web ip of 123. etc.

Thanks again

Thanks

Thank you for your time.

Just as your message came in I got it to work with IE.

It seems it needs Activex.

I changed the Web port to a weird number in the DVR and once I entered it in IE, a panel came up from the mfg of the program. I downloaded it and whammo a login came on and I was in.

I of course used the IP 123.243.xxx.xx:weird number.

Only thing is now I can't get it to work with FF ( I use the most) and the iPad (Safari)

I do appreciate your help.

Thanks

I'm not sure.. I'll have a look at that.

I did find in the set up disc a doc file which said there is an App for ipad and iphone called Meye.

I got it down (free) and put it on both however I was not able to see anything. This would be using WiFi.

I still can get it okay though on another PC, so the data is correct for the web in the DVR.

There is a Mobile Phone area whcih offer a 3G option and a port with 0100 as the default.

I am not sure what that port is for my carrier so I guess will have to check that out.

Thanks again will be back tomorrow no doubt.. Off to bed for me now ..

Hi,

Well as an update..

I do have it working on the LAN 192.168 etc and sometimes on the web. 123.243 etc

It seems that it does ONLY work with Active X so I am stuck with IE.

I noticed that the DVR login did not come nup and it was just blank until one day a 'Save' panel came up with the unsigned script from Shenshem Giec Electronics. It was DVROCX_CAB.

Once that was saved and run I am able to get to the web although it does not worl all the time.

It is quite frustrating because when i want it to work on demand it doesn't.

Not sure why that would be as nit does work sometimes, but obnly with IE.

The mobile to phone and iPad is another thing. I have the port as default as 100.

Also sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

Then when it does I only get 4 of the 8 cams.

Would like as explanation for the if anyone knows.

Thanks

Don't know if it's true for all of the "free" phone app's, but I do know of one that only shows 4 camera's. If you want more you have to pay.

Dennis

Hi again Dennis,

Well I have it working now on my mobile devices via the web, still not in the area where the router is, however out of range from it.

It seems like it was two things as I can't see anything else that changed.

I contacted the retailer who directed me to a video on their site.

It said to enter 98 to 101 in the router forwarder not the default 100.

I did that too.

Then it said the download another free app This one called KMEYE. There are a few with a similar name but it had to be exactly this spelling. It does work with up to 16 cams but only shows one at a time. It is really good and works with iPad and iPhone.

Anyway I did that.. and it hasn't stop working on demand ever since so,

maybe the port changes from 98 to 101 or maybe none of the free apps worked with my DVR except this one.

Anyway.. done !

Many thanks for the help.

oz