Sign in to follow this  
Polaris

Looking for lower priced PIR system to incorporate with NVR

I recently installed the Q-See 4 channel NVR system from Costco and I'm very happy with the picture quality. However, I can't seem to find the right sensitivity setting for the cameras. I get way too many false positives. I'm considering trying to add PIR sensors to the system but I'm not very familiar with the options. I would like a system with 3 to 4 zones or expandable to 3 to 4 zones. I don't have a huge budget for this. I know you get what you pay for but this doesn't have to be perfect. Are there any budget options for this kind of thing that would work as alarm inputs to my QC804 and be more reliable than the image sensor motion detection?

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you may have.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I left out some critical info from my original posting. I'm hoping to find wireless outdoor PIR sensors. I am new to all of this so I'm guessing I'll have to have PIR sensors that communicate back to some sort of base station. That base station would have to have alarm outputs that I can use as alarm inputs to my NVR. Does that sound correct? I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I left out some critical info from my original posting. I'm hoping to find wireless outdoor PIR sensors. I am new to all of this so I'm guessing I'll have to have PIR sensors that communicate back to some sort of base station. That base station would have to have alarm outputs that I can use as alarm inputs to my NVR. Does that sound correct? I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks in advance.

In that case you are not going to get out of it cheaply. Wireless PIRs will use proprietry encryption and the receiver will be a serial connection to the alarm panel. So it is not just a matter of relay contacts to be wires up to your NVR. You used to be able to get after market wireless PIRs / receiver with relay outputs but since most alarm manufacturers now offer wireless products they seem to have left the market.

Oh, OK. I had no idea. I was thinking a wireless system would be the easiest to install but I'm ok with a wired system if it's significantly less expensive. All I want to do is trigger the NVR to record when the PIR senses motion. Any suggestions on the simplest system(s) that could accommodate this and where is the best place to shop for these online?

Thanks again!!

Does anyone have any experience with the Voice Alert System-6 system? This seems like it might be a possibility. Apparently it has 4 relays for 6 zones.

Are there any comparable systems wired or wireless you'd recommend?

Does anyone have any experience with the Voice Alert System-6 system? This seems like it might be a possibility. Apparently it has 4 relays for 6 zones.

Are there any comparable systems wired or wireless you'd recommend?

hi. best wireless are GJD sensors.

also voice alert systems and beams try optrex.