gregsenne

Suggestions with a new system

Hi,

I am new to these cameras, and don't know where to start for looking for cameras or equipment. So any suggestions on what brands, parts, where to buy, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

We are needing 4 cameras to monitor employee desks. There is no need for the cameras to be recorded, and no need for the cameras to be able to see in the dark. The cameras must be dome cameras (the ones with a semi-circle glass/plastic housing). I don't want the ones where you can actually see the camera lens. There is no need for the camera to ever be moved, rotated, or zoomed in. It needs to be color, and be able to see at least 15 feet.

We want to be able to see all four cameras from one computer monitor, so we would need some sort of software that would allow us to stream all four cameras on the screen at once. I would prefer IP cameras, but would be fine with the regular cameras that would require a card in our computer. We have POE switches, and the ability to run any cable necessary. I have ethernet and coax both to run, and can make my own BNC cables.

We'd like to stay around a few hundred bucks. I obviously don't want anything too cheap, but I also don't need top of the line stuff here, either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Greg

Buy 4 cameras that meet your specs, get yourself a quad processor, and get a monitor, this will fulfil your requirements.

If you want IP cameras, then get 4 dome IP cameras, and 8 port switch a router and a spare PC, cable the cameras and the computer to the switch the switch to the router and then get something like blue iris or if you use Axis IP cams use the axis camera companion and you are setup.