HellRaiser1st

Night vision LED always on even during day light

hello everyone

i just installed my cctv system last week and i have been having a problem with my cameras. the problem is that my night vision LED do not turn off during daylight they are always on, the light sensor is functioning properly as i see coloured video during day light and normal night vision during night time, the problem is that everyone who is dressed in black comes out purple during day light and my leds are always on and the cameras draw to much attention with 48 red led's. is there a way to turn them off ? my standalone dvr has no option for night vision on/off i don't know what to do, is it a problem with the cameras or i bought a crapy cheap useless dvr system ?

here is the cameras i have bought:

214508_1.jpg

and here is the picture of the dvr i bought:

214508_2.jpg

The problem with black looking purple in the daytime usually means you don't have a movable IR cut filter, or it's not working right. If there's no IR filter in place in the daytime, the ambient IR messes up all the colors, especially grass and black items.

You'll need to check if there's a menu for the camera settings. If there is, check to see if the IR settings are correct. It sounds like the IR LEDs and the IR filter (if it's there) are in night mode all the time, even though the sensor processing is switching to day mode.

Generally, the DVR won't control camera settings on analog cams, and any changes need to be made on the cameras themselves.

If you post the model numbers of the cams, or a web link, it may shed some light on this.

Do all the cameras have the problem or just one? You most likely have cameras that are not TDN cameras, as has been described above. But if it's just one camera and the others are fine, you have a defective camera.

both cameras are the same on the bx for the cameras i only have CCD video camera written on it nothing else and at the back of the camera i have the qc sticker, pal sticker and thats it

I hear you on the cheapo non-true day night camera thing, but what's the green dot down low amongst the LEDs on the left-hand camera and the reflective red flare on the right-hand camera? Light sensors on cams with no IR cut filter?

If the leds are always on, I would say those are defective cameras. Image might be better or worse depending on the camera quality, but the leds should turn off when the ambient light is enough to work in colour mode.