New2This

URGENT help needed with Samsung SDE 4001N system

Hi Everyone,

We just installed the Samsung SDE 4001N kit at home and I cannot get the iPolis on my iPad to connect.

Samsung support has been less than helpful.

Here is the problem:

When I am at home on the same wireless network as the dvr, the iPolis works. It works well!

When I am out somewhere and using a different network, the app says "Live View, cannot connect to network".

So I go into the device settings in the app, confirm the ip address, port settings, dvr id and password and when I go to save it says "Edit Device, Cannot connect to the network. Please complete the device setting at your next access".

It works when I am on my home network where the dvr is, but no where else.

The dvr connection settings are

"Static IP"

600kbps,

DNS is on Auto.

The protocol is set to

tcp

4520-4524(default),

multicast,

ttl is 5,

port 80.

The dvr is wire connected to my Century Link Wireless modem/router which is DSL.

I have just about lost my mind trying every idea and every tip support has offered to no avail.

What am I missing? Has this happened to anyone else?

ANY advice, tips, or even a solution would be greatly appreciated. I need this set up before I go on vacation. We have a new pet sitter and would like to keep an eye on things while away.

Thanks in advance!

Without posting the complete addresses here, what does the IP that you are using on your wireless network start with? When you are attempting to connect to away from your network, what does that address start with?

Dennis

It starts with 192.

I called Century Link because they are the only ones I haven't talked to yet. They said I need to allow port sharing on the router/modem so I am going to try that next.

Thanks for the quick reply Dennis!

The "192" address is a local network only (LAN) address. To access outside your local network, you need to use your wide area network (WAN) address. To find out what that is, is to access a computer on your local network, access your browser and type in "whatismyip.com".

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Century Link talked me through "port forwarding" and I am now sitting at a restaurant watching my mail being delivered.

I still do not know what I did exactly, but it worked. Ignorance is my bliss. Lol!

Thanks for replying though.

This thread can officially be closed.

I'm having the same issue, I've setup port forwarding, my Verizon tech support has tested the port forwarding yet I'm still unable to access my DVR from outside my house. All my settings are the same as those provided earlier in this blog posting. Any suggestions?

And if I use the WAN IP address, as suggested in this blog, I'm taken to the router's webpage and not the Samsung DVR's web page. Again, to be clear, the Verizon tech support tested my port forwarding and said the port was open.

I've had problems with Verizon/Frontier Business with a similar issue as yours. Don't know if that's your issue or not, but if it is, you have to contact their tech support. In my case with one of my customers, it ended up taking two of their techs on site and one remotely to finally get the issue resolved. Too complex to explain here.