flex786

CCTV Taxi Driver

Hi wondering if someone could help me or advise.

I drive hackney carriage LTI TX vehicle. (Basically London Black Cab)

I need a cctv system obviously as cheap as possible with the following features

> 4 cameras - I really need high res night-vision as i work nights. P.S cameras have to be small as possible.

> I need a dvr that can record to hdd and also backup to usb etc

> Some sort of screen to view also.

> Mobile phone/network access if possible

> The ability to start/stop recording to avoid constant recording.

> Main purpose is for security and also because to capture any incidents to protect no claims

I have already read other post from taxi drivers but nothing that really matches completely with my needs.

Please feel free to recommend alternative solutions as im a newbie and only put together the above list from knowledge ive gathered reading the net and forums etc.

Only things that are a must, to me are being able to start/stop recordings at my command and quality of recordings at night and smaller the camera the better.

Thanks

Most of the multicam systems for cars seem to work out stupidly expensive when compared to the single dashcams. I've not tried it myself yet but I have thought about hacking apart a normal cheap dashcam and placing the camera in a different location to the recorder, to see how that works.

Another thought, assuming you are planning to use this for inside the cab you might need to check with data protection laws regarding the recording of customers with or without their permission.

Flex,

Look at the Averdigi EH1004H. It's about $300, runs off 12v DC, can do HD IP cams or analogue and is only 9" x 6".