RoSi

Hikvision 7200 series user with restricted rights problem

Hi, I am an ovner of Hikvision 7200. I would like to ad an account to another family members which will be restricted to everything apart from Live Playback.

I did set up a new user with restricted rights (different from admin) and I am having problem to connect to it using Android application (iVMS-4500) with result: Invalid username or password (that I checked like 300 times and I am sure, they are right).

With admin account I have no problem to connect. Any ideas?

Try enabling everything and test.

Then uncheck them one at a time and see which one is responsible for remote live view.

I believe it maybe "LocalOut"

user.jpg.094fd32d7c48f9fcf065033083993834.jpg

Having those settings through iVMS-4200 software, but when i tried to login as user, it gives me an error with wrong login and password. I tried to use different usser names, different password, eg. containing only digits, but it is still ignoring me.

Thinking that IP and MAC restrict client to connect from IP and MAC set, leaving them as default, so any IP with any MAC can connect (?)

Starting to dislike those devices

DVR-02.PNG.240db55f0001ae92f3c914fa2d9cc29b.PNG

Having those settings through iVMS-4200 software, but when i tried to login as user, it gives me an error with wrong login and password. I tried to use different usser names, different password, eg. containing only digits, but it is still ignoring me.

Thinking that IP and MAC restrict client to connect from IP and MAC set, leaving them as default, so any IP with any MAC can connect (?)

Starting to dislike those devices

Are YOU trying to connect to the DVR or iVMS?

To DVR using android app iVMS-4500.

With admin account it is not a problem, but Operator, there is.

IVMS4200 users are NOT the same as your DVRs users.

You have a login/password for accessing your DVR, and you have a different login/password for accessing your IVMS. Are you creating a new IVMS account, or a new account on your DVR? Creating an account on IVMS4200 will make that if that usera logs in IVMS4200, even if the software has been set up to fully access your DVR, he will be limited to using those options. But he is still connecting to the DVR with the account you set up when adding the device on IVMS4200.

If you want to make sure the account is working, connect to your DVR with Internet Explorer, and try to log in with that account. Doesn't work? Then you created the account on IVMS4200, and not on the DVR.

Thanks all for replies, but now I know where the problem was.

People that installed my DVR onsite kept admin login for themselves and made me a new one with different username eg. robert and said that they renamed admin for me to easy remember. (At this point I was suspecting them of to be not fair somehow.) Fortunately (for me, that I needed to discover, where the problem was) that account has not all rights to operate DVR, even when they select all the user privileges in iVMS-4200 software.

Now i did restored factory defaults, formatted the hard drive and set the password while still unplugged from network, and kept them off my DVR this way.