Dâniel Fraga

Empire Security RMA? (SOLVED)

I bought a Dahua HFW2100 from Empire Security and it arrived fine, but it's losing ethernet connectivity. I changed cable, tested with another router, changed the 12V power supply and the problem remains. So it seems this unit is defective. I sent e-mail to Empire Security asking if I can send it back for replacement and I am waiting for the answer.

Has some Empire Security customer here who used their RMA? I bought from them because they're recommended in another forum.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Just to inform you that Kyle from Empire Security replied my message and at the same day he sent another camera even before I send the defective unit back. So for me, based on my own experience, Empire Security is very serious and a nice place to buy. I never received such a treatment from an online store so I'm very impressed. Thanks Kyle.

Edited by Guest

Not the best people to get this from. If you paid by credit card, start a charge back complaint, that will get them moving.

Thanks for answering. I'm doing some more tests. If I found the solution, I'll post it here.

Not the best people to get this from. If you paid by credit card, start a charge back complaint, that will get them moving.

Weird, I've never had any trouble with them at all, and I have purchased from them quite a bit too. Always been responsive and I have no complaints with the service I've received so far anyway. Here's hoping it stays that way!

Weird, I've never had any trouble with them at all, and I have purchased from them quite a bit too. Always been responsive and I have no complaints with the service I've received so far anyway. Here's hoping it stays that way!

Buellwinkle just has a bone to pick with them. They are good re-seller to work with.

No bone to pick, just had a bad experience with them shipping the wrong camera model and still waiting, 4 months later for them to ship the correct model. Also spoke to someone that had a problem like yours with their camera and they blamed them for breaking it and wouldn't warranty the camera. Seriously, do a credit card chargeback.

No bone to pick, just had a bad experience with them shipping the wrong camera model and still waiting, 4 months later for them to ship the correct model. Also spoke to someone that had a problem like yours with their camera and they blamed them for breaking it and wouldn't warranty the camera. Seriously, do a credit card chargeback.

There is alot more if this story that Buellwinkle is not telling and he thinks he can strong arm people to get what he wants.

Empire is a good reseller. Call them and they will take care of it.

So I guess you bought nothing, you RMA'ed nothing, you just write about nothing you know about.

So you hear his side and he's very good at blaming others, not taking responsibility. I ordered a dome camera, he shipped me a bullet, I never even opened the box. I emailed him, no response for 2 days, I called and got a lot of BS, no dome camera. I realized he was tired from traveling and gave him one more chance the next day and no luck. He threatened me with lawyers, saying that he will send me the camera I ordered if I sign what his lawyer was going to write. Did I threaten to give him bad eBay feedback and mention this on the forums, yes, same as I would do with any eBay reseller that messes up and doesn't make it right. I know people make mistakes, the difference is do they own the mistake and make good on it. He did not. So sure, all those that bought from him and didn't have a problem are all very happy, but isn't that why people read feedback scores and maybe a 98% is not that good, sure, 98% happy but it's the 2% that had issues that were not resolved are what I look for before buying anything on eBay. So you have to ask yourself, before buying from him, are you feeling lucky?

I had an issue with one of my bullets from Empire and after calling them the first time they offered to do an RMA after a quick over-the-phone troubleshooting session. I told them I'd fiddle with the camera some more and it turns out the issue was something mechanical on my end.

One brand new, never used Empire ESC-HFW2100 (Dahua IPC-HFW2100) for sale, $150, shipped free in the U.S., will take Paypal.

Still waiting for the dome I ordered but after 4 months, I'm going admit to myself it's never going to happen. Maybe get the Avigilon dome instead.

I had an issue with a DVR that I purchased from them. They logged into it and they sent me a new one and return postage

to send the old one back. They even sent the new one before I mailed the old one back. I would say they are up to par.

Just to inform you that Kyle from Empire Security replied my message and at the same day he sent another camera even before I send the defective unit back. So for me, based on my own experience, Empire Security is very serious and a nice place to buy. I never received such a treatment from an online store so I'm very impressed. Thanks Kyle.