Sign in to follow this  
habsfan

Which package is right for me? Looking at Q-see

I'm looking for a basic, entry level camera system for my house. I'm on the fence as to whether I need 4 or 8 cameras. Perhaps a 4 camera system that I can upgrade to 8 or just buying an 8 camera system to start with.

I'm really looking at this to keep an eye on my dogs when they are in the yard and to also have proof that my dogs are tied up and not roaming loose like all the other dogs in the neighborhood. Mine are friendly, but I just don't want to be blamed if something were to happen and their dogs managed to come on my property.

I also want to keep an eye on my driveway because last summer I think someone tried to steal my ATV when it was attached to the trailer but when they couldn't get it unsecured, got mad and hit my car with something causing quite a dent. I think it will be nice to have just for general security purposes.

I was looking at the Q-see systems, as well as Swann and Defender. Seems like the Q-see is recommended here quite a bit so I found these 2 at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203932377?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&N=5yc1vZc1xvZ1z0yhs7Z1z1110cZ1z0yhs7&R=203932377#.UWHUNZMm2sY

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203898956?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&N=5yc1vZc1xvZ1z0yhs7Z1z1110cZ1z0yhs7&R=203898956#.UWHRD5Mm2sY

I was looking to spend around $500. As I said, I can probably manage with 4 cameras if needed and can add more later, so if I should just get a better 4 camera system I am open to that.

I personally dont like any of the options u are looking at. I have had very bad experiences with a few customers that bought myq-see..mainly with very slow remote acess.. I had one customer with a swan system and it didnt seem all that bad but still low end.. you could find a cheap 4ch dvr, say a digital watch dog for 3-400, then pick up a few 80$ cams and a power supply and have a Much better system for around 800$.. and DWD arnt bad at all. hope this helps

I`m sure that rider_1313 knows much more than me as i`m relatively new to CCTV, anyhow just to let you know that I have a Q-See QT5680, have no issues with remote access vis a Blackberry, Iphone or Andoid, I have a couple of the Q-See QM6006B cameras, the cameras are ok, but I also purchased a 700TVL Sony Effio-P from Empire Security and the difference in quality is much improved.

For basic home surveillance, I think my set up works ok.

Personally, if I were to buy again I would just buy the Q-See QT5680 DVR and buy the Empire cameras..

The Q-See DVR can be purchased from e-bay for $250.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Q-See-QT5680-8CH-DVR-WITH-Real-Time-D1-HDMI-NEW-SEALED-IN-BOX-/140956145996?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item20d1a4194c

q-see_cam.jpg.d281df963a70a05af0ebf6e064b4ba37.jpg

665836839_EmpireSec.jpg.2d4ce6ce3ed03da81ff5f52e1c036706.jpg

Don't tie your dog up, get or build a dog enclosure. Think about the dogs welfare please. Where I live in WA, its illegal to tie a dog up longer than 20 minutes.

A dog can still get to your dog, or a child can get to it.

Thanks