Cvijo

Text inserter - solutions ?

Hi,

I did read many replay on this forum about text inserters and i have some questions that you might help me get answers:

1. How can i capture data if i am using USB POS printers they are not connected to my POS register with serial cable and i dont have any Pole connectors eather or outputs eather. Many custumers are using USB printer now.

2. Is there any other way to capture data besides serial and RS232 ports (thrue TCP/IP protocol or something) ?

3. Can i configure what text to ignore from capturing (for example on recipient i get some additional info that i dont need to send on video signal)

I read about GeoVision, Vrx VR2004, AVE text inserter etc ..

We are company that develop POS Retail applications and we would like to offer you customers and video survailance with text overlay feature so i am looking for best practice.

Thank you

I'd be interested to know of a Text Inserter solution as well . I have 3 POS machines using Star receipt printers connected via USB. I will be installing the AvertX 16 channel system and my final hurdle is how to integrate a Text Overlay solution. Thanks!

Does anyone have any recommendations on any text inserter/sender POS integration?

Avert X 16 channel stand alone NVR

All ethernet,POe connections

USB receipt printers

I'd like to integrate the POS/receipt info into the video.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Hi. There are a few ways ...... But I can't find any info on that NVR on 3rd party cameras or encoders

You could use analog cameras at register area that way you can have pos then connect to NVR

Cant be done with IP?

You could use analog cameras at register area that way you can have pos then connect to NVR

Cant be done with IP?

What can't be done with IP ??

Insert text overlay from point of sale system into recording / live stream from IP camera.

Cant be done with IP?

What can't be done with IP ??

Well sorry I don't understand why you say it can't be done

Lots of systems out there.

But OPs system does not support POS so for text overlay to his system is to us a analog camera with encoder and that does give him text overlay from all types of text box