GT500Shlby

PoE software based camera system

My company is moving from a rented office space to our own purchased building and I need a camera system for it.

I need:

- PoE that will work with standards-based enterprise grade PoE switches. I have 24 port HP ProCurve PoE Gigabit Layer 2 switches that can support up to 365 Watts of PoE power 1910-24G-PoE JE007A.

- Software based, so I don't need dedicated DVRs. The company is entirely virtual with Citrix XenServer 6.0/6.1 and I would like to keep it that way. I have horsepower, even though I have 50 employees, I only use enterprise grade. HP Proliant servers with dual 12/16 core processors and 96-128GB of ram with storage on a a high-speed SAN. I have only 15k SAS drives and I can spare 50TB for camera storage. I would prefer linux based or Windows Server 2012 Core (no GUI) servers. I am a SuSe Enterprise Linux partner - but I have used Red Hat Enterprise Linux before and if needed will be willing to spring for RHEL.

- Outdoor, vandal resistant, day/night (with IR) cameras. Nothing special. I'm not recording HD movies here. Just enough to be useful in court. 15 frames per second is enough. I just need enough detail to get suspect identification that can hold up in court from between 15'-30' from the camera. Cheaper would be nice, as I can afford to put more cameras. I do not need PTZ. I can't use outdoor flood lights because Township guidlines forbid excessive bright lights after 9:00pm. Any extra lighting will need to be IR.

- Indoor, vandal resistant, with audio and low-light. I do not need IR here, as I have "green" security lighting inside. It's cheaper to keep lights on, and in PA I'm required to have emergency lighting anyway. Also PoE. I'm not recording HD here either. Plain, good-enough for court cameras. Cheaper the better, because the more I can deploy.

The servers and install are being handled. The building is currently under construction and the contractor is running the Ethernet cable. Software and setup I can handle as I have internal IT.

I have a hard budget of $50,000. I can not exeed this. Just for cameras, software & extra lighting. Axis is extremely overpriced. I would like to spend under $300 a camera. I have 15,000 sq ft of interal space and 20,000 sq ft of external.

I don't need iPhone apps or any of those bells and whistles. The data records, gets kept for 30 days and deleted. Unless there is an incident, then I pull the data and give it to Police. At most, a simple web-based viewer is needed.

Security - I don't need it to be fort-knox. My infrastructure is secured enough.

My company is moving from a rented office space to our own purchased building and I need a camera system for it.

I need:

- PoE that will work with standards-based enterprise grade PoE switches. I have 24 port HP ProCurve PoE Gigabit Layer 2 switches that can support up to 365 Watts of PoE power 1910-24G-PoE JE007A.

- Software based, so I don't need dedicated DVRs. The company is entirely virtual with Citrix XenServer 6.0/6.1 and I would like to keep it that way. I have horsepower, even though I have 50 employees, I only use enterprise grade. HP Proliant servers with dual 12/16 core processors and 96-128GB of ram with storage on a a high-speed SAN. I have only 15k SAS drives and I can spare 50TB for camera storage. I would prefer linux based or Windows Server 2012 Core (no GUI) servers. I am a SuSe Enterprise Linux partner - but I have used Red Hat Enterprise Linux before and if needed will be willing to spring for RHEL.

- Outdoor, vandal resistant, day/night (with IR) cameras. Nothing special. I'm not recording HD movies here. Just enough to be useful in court. 15 frames per second is enough. I just need enough detail to get suspect identification that can hold up in court from between 15'-30' from the camera. Cheaper would be nice, as I can afford to put more cameras. I do not need PTZ. I can't use outdoor flood lights because Township guidlines forbid excessive bright lights after 9:00pm. Any extra lighting will need to be IR.

- Indoor, vandal resistant, with audio and low-light. I do not need IR here, as I have "green" security lighting inside. It's cheaper to keep lights on, and in PA I'm required to have emergency lighting anyway. Also PoE. I'm not recording HD here either. Plain, good-enough for court cameras. Cheaper the better, because the more I can deploy.

The servers and install are being handled. The building is currently under construction and the contractor is running the Ethernet cable. Software and setup I can handle as I have internal IT.

I have a hard budget of $50,000. I can not exeed this. Just for cameras, software & extra lighting. Axis is extremely overpriced. I would like to spend under $300 a camera. I have 15,000 sq ft of interal space and 20,000 sq ft of external.

I don't need iPhone apps or any of those bells and whistles. The data records, gets kept for 30 days and deleted. Unless there is an incident, then I pull the data and give it to Police. At most, a simple web-based viewer is needed.

Security - I don't need it to be fort-knox. My infrastructure is secured enough.

How many cameras ?

Where are u located ?

We are located in North East Philadelphia. As for the $50,000 thats my top drop-dead amount. The less I spend the better. To start I would want to buy 5 or 6 to test with and then go as high as 20 for now. The more money I save, the bigger christmas bonus my employees get. The building won't be ready until February, but I would need all 20 cameras by November for the contractor. I would like to get a few cameras and the server software by June to test with. To help with load, I may run multiple VM's of the server software. A supported linux VM costs me $900 each so that is to be taken into account in the price. I'm assuming it's a couple-hundred for a software license.

For 800x600 the iSCSI pipes could handle a max of 8 per VM without causing issues or lag. Unless I could run some sort of "motion sensing" to set off recording with a 30 second buffer on either end.

I'm thinking 12 exterior cameras and 8 interior cameras. I'm just using them in key areas, I don't use them to spy on my employees.

We are located in North East Philadelphia. As for the $50,000 thats my top drop-dead amount. The less I spend the better. To start I would want to buy 5 or 6 to test with and then go as high as 20 for now. The more money I save, the bigger christmas bonus my employees get. The building won't be ready until February, but I would need all 20 cameras by November for the contractor. I would like to get a few cameras and the server software by June to test with. To help with load, I may run multiple VM's of the server software. A supported linux VM costs me $900 each so that is to be taken into account in the price. I'm assuming it's a couple-hundred for a software license.

For 800x600 the iSCSI pipes could handle a max of 8 per VM without causing issues or lag. Unless I could run some sort of "motion sensing" to set off recording with a 30 second buffer on either end.

I'm thinking 12 exterior cameras and 8 interior cameras. I'm just using them in key areas, I don't use them to spy on my employees.

Forget Linux based

just create win 7 pro virtual or server (which is overkill)

with Avigilon all u need soft Lic and cameras and u done

Your budget will cover lot more then 20 cameras

Will the software work on Windows Server 2008R2 & 2012?

What about 64bit?

Will a 75GB OS VHD and a 3TB NTFS iSCSI volume with 8GB of ram and 2 virtual processors work?

I have direct video card pass-through with Xen to get acces to a video processor. A number of my XenServers have ATI FirePro's on them for the floating-point processing. Otherwise, the the standard Xen video driver is used.

How much per exterior camera? Dome or bullet? Vandal and weather resistence?

How much per interor camera? Dome with Vandal resistence? Audio?

How much per seat for the software?

Can I get 6, 3 int & 3 ext by June 1st?

Will the software work on Windows Server 2008R2 & 2012?

What about 64bit?

Will a 75GB OS VHD and a 3TB NTFS iSCSI volume with 8GB of ram and 2 virtual processors work?

PM sent