Sign in to follow this  
kentuckynet

How do you make the connection when the camera just has wire

Hello when your camera just has bare wires do you use two baluns hooked together? Or do you just twist the camera wires to your cat5e wires and maybe solder them?

thanks as im just curious how the pros do it............

Mack

Well then .......now mback to my question.....if its just bare wires how do you guys make the connection??????

Just twist them together and solder them ok?????

or balun to balun with adapter connecting the two baluns?????

Did the camera come this way new or was the original connections cut off? How many bare wires are there? Are the power wires bundled in or is it clear where to connect power? Do you even know if this camera is AC or DC power? Doubt it would make much difference if you just soldered your wiring to the camera or you soldered a female connector on the camera with a matching male connector on your wiring.

Well then .......now mback to my question.....if its just bare wires how do you guys make the connection??????

Just twist them together and solder them ok?????

or balun to balun with adapter connecting the two baluns?????

Dyou know what a balun is and what it is used for ? That sounds like a quick way to destroy your signal quality. Like I inferred in the last reply , don't ask how the "pros" do it cause they dont do it.

nothing i like better than a smart ass answer!

the camera is probably better than you guys can afford.

CNB BE4810NCR , and yes it comes with bare wires.

Yes i know what a balun is used for!

So i guess none of you have ever use the CNB cameras huh?

Plainly marked as to what wire goes where.

I had a simple question where i was wondering if they made something better than soldering wires.........but the question was obviously too tough for the "pros" on this site.

Hi very good camera. (profile pic) all CNB in that style come with a push lock fly lead. but if you don't have that then you could pick this type up of ebay.

217936_1.jpg

nothing i like better than a smart ass answer!

the camera is probably better than you guys can afford.

CNB BE4810NCR , and yes it comes with bare wires.

Yes i know what a balun is used for!

So i guess none of you have ever use the CNB cameras huh?

Plainly marked as to what wire goes where.

I had a simple question where i was wondering if they made something better than soldering wires.........but the question was obviously too tough for the "pros" on this site.

It wasn't a smart ass answer. I have never seen a high quality camera come with unterminated leads and your question demonstrates why. One quick way to destroy a cameras reputation would be to have people doing crappy terminations. I use cameras in that price range nearly every day of the week , it is nothing special. In fact it is less than special. 12V dc , 1/3" sensor and even with heater /fan only consumes 3W. Seems like it has reached new heights in efficiency. If you know all about baluns then you would know that using two back to back for no other reason than providing a method of termination is rediculous. Insertion loss for a balun can be as high as 2dB