Sign in to follow this  
cctvmann

dedicated micros sprite 2 16 channel (silver without cd)

hi peeps would someone assist me in which windows to use so a fat 32 format can be completed on a hdd of 500gb IDE type. as ive been reading the dedicated micros topics and the comments come back saying xp can only fat 32 format hdds to 32gb im replacing a 320gb to 500 gb due to disk error showing on ds2 and need to format the larger size, can someone explain either thru windows xp a work around the file size issue, or which windows edition ie windows 98 or windows vista etc id need to install on the pc to allow the larger files format at fat 32 i have the files needed for the ds2 upgrade/hdd installation and just need to format this drive with the correct software ready for dm ds2 use, many thanks, ps im a cctv engineer by trade.

how come no one can help this is the second question ive asked and no help if anyone has any help on this thread please give some assistance.

To format the disk use Fat32Formatter - you can download it from: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/

many thanks terborsz for your assitance, i take it it runs as a software package on xp ok, its just the xp fat 32 file sysem that can only format small segments/hdd sizes then