Sajid

NTSC PAL Video issue

Hi

I have recently joined this forum to try and find some expert advice to a problem I am facing. I have recently purchased 2 x Fastrax III PTZ cameras from the US. Before buying I had studied the camera specs to ensure that I get PAL cameras as that was the requirement. Fastrax III camera documentation specifies that you can select between PAL and NTSC formats by setting a certain DIP Switch. Based on this I went ahead with the purchase.

When I connect these cameras to a PAL DVR (after doing the dip switch selection to PAL) I get a black and white video with video roll/flicker on a LCD monitor connected to the DVR through the VGA Port. If I bypass the DVR and connect the CAMs to a multi system LED TV I get stable, color video.

If I switch the DVR to NTSC (the camera could be set to PAL or NTSC) I get stable, color video (can't switch DVR to NTSC as there are a bunch of other PAL box type cameras (these cams only operate on PAL) also hooked up to the DVR . I know that this seems like the dip switch setting is not working but that is not true.

When NTSC is selected on the camera with DVR on PAL setting, I get jerking video text when camera is powered on and goes through testing Tilt and Panning and camera initialization, displaying results on the monitor. When the camera and DVR and set to PAL the test result display is stable.

Just can't figure it out and would appreciate any help in sorting this out.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this post.

Sajid

Hi

I have recently joined this forum to try and find some expert advice to a problem I am facing. I have recently purchased 2 x Fastrax III PTZ cameras from the US. Before buying I had studied the camera specs to ensure that I get PAL cameras as that was the requirement. Fastrax III camera documentation specifies that you can select between PAL and NTSC formats by setting a certain DIP Switch. Based on this I went ahead with the purchase.

When I connect these cameras to a PAL DVR (after doing the dip switch selection to PAL) I get a black and white video with video roll/flicker on a LCD monitor connected to the DVR through the VGA Port. If I bypass the DVR and connect the CAMs to a multi system LED TV I get stable, color video.

If I switch the DVR to NTSC (the camera could be set to PAL or NTSC) I get stable, color video (can't switch DVR to NTSC as there are a bunch of other PAL box type cameras (these cams only operate on PAL) also hooked up to the DVR . I know that this seems like the dip switch setting is not working but that is not true.

When NTSC is selected on the camera with DVR on PAL setting, I get jerking video text when camera is powered on and goes through testing Tilt and Panning and camera initialization, displaying results on the monitor. When the camera and DVR and set to PAL the test result display is stable.

Just can't figure it out and would appreciate any help in sorting this out.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this post.

Sajid

Is your power supply AC220v 50Hz or 60Hz ?

can you reply me by email : Philip.Hdview@gmail.com

Philip