Sign in to follow this  
toucansam313

CCTV WareHose Ground Lopping

Hello I am new to CCTV installation here is my problem

I installed a new camera in our warehouse its a [ CAM-5X-WDRU Analog High Resolution camera (PoE/PoE +Voltage Compatible/color] and am receiving what is known as a ground loop problem on my monitor.

The cameras are not using a coaxial cable but a BNC cable.

Am not 100% sure if it has to do with the monitor which i am viewing the cameras, DVR setting, or the cable that is from the back of the camera feeding into the DVR.

If anybody needs anymore information to help them understand what i am trying to get at i have everything at my desk.

Hello I am new to CCTV installation here is my problem

I installed a new camera in our warehouse its a [ CAM-5X-WDRU Analog High Resolution camera (PoE/PoE +Voltage Compatible/color] and am receiving what is known as a ground loop problem on my monitor.

The cameras are not using a coaxial cable but a BNC cable. Am not 100% sure if it has to do with the monitor which i am viewing the cameras, DVR setting, or the cable that is from the back of the camera feeding into the DVR.

If anybody needs anymore information to help them understand what i am trying to get at i have everything at my desk.

BNC is not a cable type , it is the connector. I'm guessig you meant to say that it is not using normal coax (RG59) but the mini coax with the RCA connectors. If that is the case then there is the FIRST thing to address.

that is correct i am not using a coax cable. however i was wondering if using a Ground Loop Isolater would help my problem

SHE TGP001 is the product name its twisted pair grounded loop isolater

I have had issues before with the electrical outlet feeding my DVR or monitor having and open ground and since the camera is mounted on the side of a metal building which is more than likely grounded it uses your camera and coax as the ground. A simple way to test is to remove the camera from the building plug it in and check the pic. If this fixes the problem you should have an electrician look at the outlet. Good Luck!

Some time key issue is not only for earth grounding but you also need to take care static-proof, you know some area is high dry to cause huge static.

You are plan to install isolaton is wise way and the brand is well known for high quality. Let me advise some opinion, you may also consider equip lightening arrestor/surge protector for more solid protection from lightening strike.

Also taking into account for use cable with STP for preventing from noise interferance.