spadjen

2-3 MP Cam with IR ?? for those that don't drive a BMW

Looking for anyone that has had good luck or results with an off brand or re branded dome (or bullet) cam that has IR around 2-3mp . of course you can spend the money for oem and get something good. But for those of use that have not won the powerball we sometimes need to venture into the unknown. anyway. what have you tried that has worked well for you?

I don't drive a BMW and I like ACTi cameras and find them to be good bang for the buck. For example you can get the D32, a 3MP IR Bullet for under $300. Their free NVR software is quite good.

The Costco.com deal, which sold out a few days ago but may come back for a Swann 1080P IR Bullet 2-pack for $349 is a nice low priced camera. You can use them with BlueIris software for about $50.

Now If you find yourself driving a BMW, the Axis P3367-VE, 5MP vandal dome is one of my favorites and only about $1,300. Then add an Axis IR illuminator for another $1,000 and you are set. You can use their Axis Camera Companion software for free.

i like ACTi too. but i need 8-10 and they add up quick. I was never referencing bang for buck. I think for what you pay for ACTi you are diffidently getting a good deal and is worth it. I am just looking for more bang for the same buck or at least something to get started with. if i spend the money i wanted to on a cctv system i would have nothing left for them to steal but yes...i think that in the future when the budget allows i will be getting ACTi. I have my eye on 2 of them now.

When you say 2-3MP, the cheapest I've seen is the Swann but Costco sold out of them, $175/cam for an 2MP IR bullet. The next cheapest would be the Dahua 2MP dome, Costco does carry that for $199 but not IR. Then you can go get a Dahua from China, the HFW3200S, 2MP, but after shipping and all, maybe $225. The ACTi D31, you may find for $265 but includes the NVR software and IOS app, so not a bad premium to pay and their software can run on the slowest PC you can find, I ran it on an Atom processor nettop.

You are going to need good cameras when you get that BMW someday. You do know that BMW stands for Break My Windows because crazy people vandalize BMW's

I ordered 4 of the Swann from costco, should be here tues. got it in just in time. I was thinking of going ATCI for at least 1 cam for the software. I need a good one at the end of the drive for LP. I will like to stay at $200 for the others but need IR.

I am kinda surprised at the costco move. Swann is alittle confusing rite now and probably in transition. they sell a 8 channel NVR with 4 cams but they dont sell the cams? Only place you could get them was costco. swann did not even sell them. they must be coming back? or they had some sort of falling out.

Never did know that about B.M.W.

Don't listen to buellwinkle about Beemers. He drives an Audi.

As a bit of a side story, a local dealership used to sell both Volkswagens and Audis. A fellow who worked there told me that he could ID the folks who droves Audis when they walked in the door. Nervous types. He figured their cars made them that way. They might be more reliable and cheaper to fix now though...

...They might be more reliable and cheaper to fix now though...

Those folks all migrated to Land Rover because of what it tells the neighbors about them: "I can afford to drive an unreliable over-priced vehicle that breaks down all the time and costs a small fortune to fix."

I drive a dodge charger. I am not sure what that says about me other then i like to go fast. Upside is i am not on a first name basis with all the troopers. " title="Applause" />

I drive a dodge charger. I am not sure what that says about me other then i like to go fast. Upside is i am not on a first name basis with all the troopers. " title="Applause" />

You drive a Fiat Charger bro. And here's next years model...

218541_1.jpg

It sounds like Costco pulled the swanns and will be releasing the same exact cameras but from lorex....

So we'll see.

lol at the "BMW" comment. My more reliable bmw I currently drive was bought for $400.00 and now has about 300+ thousand miles.

My newer one is ok... It's a 99. I regret selling my 06 Audi A6 absolutely every single day...

Anyway, The swanns were just flashed and got 3mp out of them. Hoping the same for lorex.

But who knows by the time I have the money It'll be through three different brand names etc...

ps bmw also stands for "Brakes My Wallet" My Audi was much more reliable. And nicer and cheaper to maintain than any

of my Past cars. ( Hondas, Acuras, Mitsubishi )

I've got nothing against Audis. I know a few people who have 'em and love 'em. The reference I tossed out was from the 80s. Small part of jealousy on my part at the time (I was a poor student) to enjoy the "nervous" part. I've got a Cobalt, wifey drives an Escape. When I want fun I want to mainline it, thus the ZX-12R Ninja in the garage.

Haha I had my windows on a 335i smashed. Learned my lesson on a few other cars like it and eventually went with a modest Infiniti G37 (blends in with the crowd).

Been wanting to get my hands on those ACTi domes for a little while now. Distributor is really taking his time getting back to me... ugh.

I've got nothing against Audis. I know a few people who have 'em and love 'em. The reference I tossed out was from the 80s. Small part of jealousy on my part at the time (I was a poor student) to enjoy the "nervous" part. I've got a Cobalt, wifey drives an Escape. When I want fun I want to mainline it, thus the ZX-12R Ninja in the garage.

Well, I got two of them, both quattros of course. A 2.5 litre TDI Avant A6 and a 4.2 litre gasoline A8

They're both real old but I like them.

I've had two certified lemons, Mercedes & Infiniti, both taken back under the California lemon law. Audi is pretty reliable, not perfect but better than other cars I had. You haven't seen my latest reviews, been driving my french made car.

The mid-range home budget sweet spot cams right now are from Dahua and Hikvision, it appears, with ACTi moving in. You have to follow the reviews to see which ones have warts you're willing to live with.

Before Dahua shook things up, there was a lot less choice, and Vivotek was the only decent quality MP option in the under $300 range for some time. Things are moving faster now, and new price point busters are coming out every quarter, it seems. Unfortunately, the software quality isn't so good at the lower end.

I like the Dahua and Hikvision cameras but running BlueIris means I have to shell out $700 for a PC that can handle them or stick to the Dahua or Hikvision NVR which is not a bad way to go.

I thought of going the pc route, but for the money that i can get a nvr for,it turned into a no brainer!