billpapst

ACTI D54 images

I recently installed an ACTI D54 (indoor dome with IR) for a client. The daytime images are just OK but for a 1MP camera, I expect much better. The camera is using default settings so perhaps there is something to be adjusted. Night images are horrible. I know there is a little background light from a window but this is not even usable. Any suggestions? The options on the camera configuration page are very limited so not many adjustments CAN be made. I have D/N mode = Auto , IR Control = AUTO .......that's about all there is......images attached.....

D54day.thumb.jpg.648c7d33e74d7b5ee97078d84141225f.jpg

D54night.thumb.jpg.99001db0b6f007240c3f10e8e9d13ca2.jpg

The night pic looks like internal reflections or possibly from a near by object(maybe even the ceiling). Take off the dome and see if it goes away. If not then reaim the camera down more and see if it goes away. I would also check that it has the latest firmware installed. For the daytime it is wierd that the left side is out of focus but the right side is somewhat in focus.

I believe I read in another post that ACTi had a production issue at one time with the lens alignment on one model camera. I don't know if that is the problem with this camera or not, but that could explain why the left side of the camera is out of focus while the right side is in focus.

As far as the low contrast night picture, it has got to be an internal reflection or something near by reflecting IR back into the camera.