shockwave199

Help make a custom color period setting

I have a dahua four channel POE NVR. In color settings menu, I simply want to make a two time period schedule for day and night, to slightly change the brightness contrast of some outdoor cameras. For the life of me, I can't figure out how the time period fields work. They seem like they should be un-linked, but every time I tweak a time setting the other side changes too. I'm lost on this.

What I simply want is a 6am to 7pm for custom 1, and 7:01pm to 5::59am for custom 2. I think it should read-

0600 to -19:00 -19:02 to 5:59

Custom 1 Custom 2

Every time I change the time on one side, the other side changes. I hope someone can very simply and directly tell me how this works. Even a short video would be so helpful. Thank you.

That's the thing- the second period enables all by itself and the two become linked. And whatever you type in one side, the opposite is typed in the other, with no real separate control. Unless I'm missing something about how you do it, I believe this might be a bug. I'd like to hear from anyone who has done this successfully.

It's this menu, and please disregard that it's qsee- dahuas have this menu as well. I'm dealing with a dahua NVR, not a qsee. This is just a pic of the menu I grabbed from another thread in this forum.

file.php?id=4477

In the upper right it's a tickbox(the squared one) that's not fully white - thus means it's not activated. Could you please just click on it and make it white-filled?

I'm quite sure this is a bug in the firmware. There are two major features in the latest firmware that need to be fixed. This one, and also a bug in recording streams. Currently, although you can specify different fps, and quality settings for main stream, motion, and alarm, the ONLY stream the nvr will recognize is main stream. That means when setting up a recording schedule, you cannot take advantage of lower quality settings for main stream, and higher quality settings for the motion stream when motion is detected. This seriously cuts into hard drive space.

Considering your signature dexterash, I'm hopeful that maybe you can get the issues addressed and we can get a much needed fix for these two features in a firmware update.

This is the 4 channel POE NVR build version 2.610.GV00.0 Build: 2012-12-8.

Thank you.

I'm using three HDB 3200C's and one HDBW 3202. This is a POE NVR, so the cameras are getting their power from the NVR and as such, I'm using the NVR GUI to tweak the settings, not the cameras web interfaces. But regardless, the two features I mention are not working properly as far as I can tell. Have anyone at dahua try the features I'm talking about and they will see- the time periods for custom color setups is not working properly and only mains stream settings are followed- it won't follow a different quality setting for motion or alarm. I believe sub stream is okay though. But it's very easy to see where the NVR is going wrong when you try it.

With all due respect, can you check your "Remote devices" menu to see if they are configured via ONVIF or Private protocol?

Also, as a side note, the NVR (in private protocol mode) makes direct changes inside the camera. Since the camera does not support this, it will not work at all, although this could be a firmware-dependant feature.

Also, the normal/motion/event problem is in the camera, not in the NVR. The NVR will only decode, display and record what the cameras send.

As a quick test, you should try to directly connect to the cameras and see if the stream's quality changes.

I'm using three HDB 3200C's and one HDBW 3202. This is a POE NVR, so the cameras are getting their power from the NVR and as such, I'm using the NVR GUI to tweak the settings, not the cameras web interfaces. But regardless, the two features I mention are not working properly as far as I can tell. Have anyone at dahua try the features I'm talking about and they will see- the time periods for custom color setups is not working properly and only mains stream settings are followed- it won't follow a different quality setting for motion or alarm. I believe sub stream is okay though. But it's very easy to see where the NVR is going wrong when you try it.

How are those HDBW's performing with the ir?

I'm using that one indoors in a spot where there is light on all night, so the IR never comes on- just what I wanted. It's a great camera and includes audio, which was a primary reason for choosing this one.