Sign in to follow this  
Steve Pierpont

4-channel DVR,blue light flashing

Hello to everyone. I just register,and relatively new to cctv world.I Have a 4-camera DVR with 4 cameras -1 outside 3 inside.Installed 04/2011. Last weekend had trouble logging on the internet to view cameras. all Igot on all cameras were a blue screen even at the camera location could not acess live feed on tv(monitor). Cameras are installed in my father-n-laws home. Blue light on front of DVR flashes tried factory reset and power down according to ADT customer service rep.Did not help.If I'm Correct when working properly the light should be steady,not flash.sorry this is a long post trying to save a few dollars,and avoid a service call.Did have to have service June 2012 for gateway power supply $185.00 Seems like the components don't last long. System has 4-channel DVR(sorry don't have model book just says 4-channelDVR) G-box ,vip-gateway and comcast modem going thru ADT Safewatch video view. One thing I did notice was the power supply thats for the DVR has a small green light flashing? can't recall if it is supposed to or not.Info on tv says- no signal -check cable and check source.Thanks for your patience Steve.

Hi,if you are not getting any pictures on your tv, and just a blue screen, check the connections at the back of the dvr, do you know if it is coax cable or cat 5 and baluns thats used, if its cat 5 and baluns then check the cable hasnt snapped in the terminal, also I would check the power supply that is powering the cameras for blown fuse etc.

Jordanb. Thanks for your reply.I'm going back to were the cameras are today or tomorrow.II looks like camera cables are coaxial that are in back of DVR and I did change the cat-5 from the gateway box to DVR also G-box has cat-5 going to router, have not swapped that one yet.Power supply is a sealed black box 110 IN 12 volts out to DVR do not see any fuses.Cables come from cameras to gateway box to dVR and G-box to router.I should have been more clear,the blue screen is actually the 4 boxes that appear when you log on safewatch video site- camera 1,2,3,4 each box is blue with camera number( no live feed or image). At the location the tv/monitor when I go to source AV1I GET A black screen with info -no signal. check source ect. I'm wondering if the hard drive is bad,trying to figure out how to by-pass video internet, and have a camera go directly to tv for test? Not really versed in this stuff all new to me.Last year I had service tech from ADT out for almost same problem was charged $150.00 for 15 minutes plus $10.00 travel time? and $25.00 for part(power supply-wart) for VIP- Gateway box.Thanks again Steve.