zhiyi_ze

MagicRadar Remote View

I'm currently using MagicRadar's DVR card and I'm trying to use the remote viewing using Internet Explorer.

When I open up Internet Explorer and key-in the address, the screen appears.. but it doesn't prompt me to install ActiveX and the camera view doesn't appear either.

Instead, there's an error message: Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. Object doesn't support this property or method.

Please advice. Thanks

In order to view your internet explorer might need the following adjustment.

In the tool bar at the top of the page, click on "Tools." Next, click on "Internet Options" then on "Security." Now click on "Custom Settings," whch can be found near the bottom of the section that you just opened. This will open a screen which displays your "Active X" settings. You now need to go down the list and set first three options to "Enable." Now click "OK" and return to the Internet Explorer.

Try that and let us know.

Oh and where does this error message appear in a seperate small window or in the main ie screen.

Thanks.

Yea, I've already enabled all the ActiveX settings. I've also set all the security settings to the minimum level. But it still doesn't work with the error message appearing.

It actually appears as "error on page" on the bottom left of the internet explorer. Then when I double clicked to look on more information on the error, its written: Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. Object doesn't support this property or method.

Anyway, thanks a lot for replying, kandcorp!

You have to go into IE and make your site a trusted site.

Connect To DVR With Internet Explorer, Login

(On Windows XP w/SP2, DVR's IP must be a Trusted Site)

In IE tools tab, internet options, security, trusted sites and do not forget to uncheck the https box also. If coming in from the internet you must open these ports in the router also. On all versions prior to 3.5.2.2 the default ports are 80 for I.E and 9091 for client.

Version 3.5.2.2 requires additional ports to be opened.

Internet Explorer requires TCP ports 80 & 9093-9112 to be opened through firewall.

Remote Client requires TCP ports 9091-9112 to be opened through firewall

This should be for all versions after 3.4.1.0 and that should get you up and running. I do remember a problem with 3.5.2.0 you should upgrade to the newest version our vendor is up to 4.2.0.0

Charles R Irvine