Sign in to follow this  
CouchPotato123

Reccomendation for my situation.

Hey everyone!

I'm in a slight predicament! Let me just get staight to the point. I live on a busy street. Recently, someone left a note on my car saying that they are going to damage it. Here's the situation. Every day, I park in the same spot. I get home early, so I can snag a spot before other people get there. Now I'm nervous that someone is going to damage my car and it really stinks! I filed a police report, but I'm still really nervous that this person will do something.

So, I thought I would get a surveillance camera and I was hoping you all could help me out. What type of camera should I get?

Before answering, let me describe my area:

I park in front of my house. I live on the second floor, and I have a window that overlooks my car (maybe 20 feet away). I can open this window (if necessary), so there would not be a glare. There are some street lights in the area, so it's not pitch black, but if I were walking on the street, i would need to be 10 feet away from the person to see his/her face visibly.

So, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what type of surveillance camera to get? I have done some research, and I am nervous that if I get an IR camera, it will glow red and 1) alarm this person who made a threat, 2) I don't want to alarm my neighbors with glowing red lights. Should I go with an IR camera, or a light enhancing camera (if that's an option)? Also, I would like some clarity to figure out who this person is in case something actually does happen.

If anyone has any insight, I would greatly appreciate it! I feel scared parking my car in my own neighborhood and that really stinks!

If you need more info, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for your help!