buellwinkle

3MP Hikvision vs. 1080P Swann/Lorex

Awesome, thank you! I was worried the dome would get a lot of IR reflection, but it looks like a winner.

OOPS the bullet NOT the Dome!! Sorry

I see if you keep the WDR low or off the night image at 1/30+ shutter speed gets better.

I will keep ya posted.

Yeah, that looks quite good for 1/30 and WDR on. Is the IR the main lighting source? It looks like it. Also, what version of firmware?

This is what I got on the Hik bullet at 1080p, WDR on and set to 0, and 1/30 sec. The light to the left is IR from a Vivotek; there's little white light in this shot. It was very similar with WDR off:

220039_6.jpg

Yeah, that looks quite good for 1/30 and WDR on. Is the IR the main lighting source? It looks like it. Also, what version of firmware?

This is what I got on the Hik bullet at 1080p, WDR on and set to 0, and 1/30 sec. The light to the left is IR from a Vivotek; there's little white light in this shot. It was very similar with WDR off:

220039_6.jpg

Yes only light source..

Here Turn WDR off?

I will post a pic with no IR in daytime mode tonight.

so im looking at the swann nvr8 7200 with either the 2.1 mp cameras or the 3 mp cameras. what is better? clarity,smoothness, currently just bought the 2.1 system but I see that Costco has the 3 mp system with the same dvr> also is the new lorex nvr better than the swann? thanks or possibly the hikvision nvr if so what model hikvision to be comparable to the swann