anyone using vitamin d with a camera over 2mp. i am still using the free version before i move over to the paid. it looks like it only supports 1.3mp? also after viewing clips it removes them from history. this happen with the paid too? any other alternatives out there?

They had issues with performance where an i7 would handle 2 cameras. They likely limit resolution to limit CPU use. This product has been around for a long time and has some cool unique analytic features.

Are you looking for NVR software or specifically analytics software?

They had issues with performance where an i7 would handle 2 cameras. They likely limit resolution to limit CPU use. This product has been around for a long time and has some cool unique analytic features.

I do have hikvision NVR software that is pretty good. I was going to use vitamin d to tag and then refer back to the nvr software. but i really would like something all in one. using too much hdd space doing it this way. so yes...if the nvr software had smart motion detection or event detection i would switch,

Have you looked at Blue Iris as an alternative?

I have ran multiple HD cameras on it with good results.

I did see that and used the trial version. The motion detection has more control then the nvr software i am using now but still is based on pixel change. i would really like something that can detect objects and such.

this is what got back from tec support.

Currently the maximum resolution supported is 1280, though this will be updated in the future

anyone have a work around. or had good results using 2 different programs. or know of any other event detection software?

I do have hikvision NVR software that is pretty good. I was going to use vitamin d to tag and then refer back to the nvr software. but i really would like something all in one. using too much hdd space doing it this way. so yes...if the nvr software had smart motion detection or event detection i would switch,

Hikvisions pcnvr supports motion detection.

looking for event detection/ basic video analytics. There motion detection is based on pixel change. event detection can tell the difference of a person, car, etc from scene change and wind movement.

looking for event detection/ basic video analytics. There motion detection is based on pixel change. event detection can tell the difference of a person, car, etc from scene change and wind movement.

got ya!

I did see that and used the trial version. The motion detection has more control then the nvr software i am using now but still is based on pixel change. i would really like something that can detect objects and such.

BI has a version of object detect - it comes selected by default on the motion detect screen. How well it will work for your situation would have to be tested, but I found that it started recording when something moved across the field of view, but when I picked up the camera and moved it around, it wouldn't detect that as motion.

BI has a version of object detect - it comes selected by default on the motion detect screen. How well it will work for your situation would have to be tested, but I found that it started recording when something moved across the field of view, but when I picked up the camera and moved it around, it wouldn't detect that as motion.

interesting. I will have to do some testing on that. especially at night with ir. thanks for the heads up.

Budgets are meant to be broken. Just got this video on new "activity detect" feature added in the latest firmware update to the newer Mobotix cameras like the D14. Looks promising and doing it camera is nice, no NVR or NVR software needed.

http://youtu.be/bEn803oQeu4

anyone using vitamin d with a camera over 2mp. i am still using the free version before i move over to the paid. it looks like it only supports 1.3mp? also after viewing clips it removes them from history. this happen with the paid too? any other alternatives out there?
I've been using the Vitamin D trial version on my Mac Mini 2.3ghz dual core. I'm only using it on our iBaby wireless camera, so only doing 320 x 240. Unlike what you're experiencing, after I view the clips, they are still all there until I delete them. I do like their object detection. Maybe I don't understand it correctly, but isn't it still based on pixel change? For example, there is a condition you can change as to ignoring an object ranging from 30 to 70 pixels. I tried this with the iBaby cam and it sort of worked 75% of the time, as it ignored our miniature poodles but detected my wife and daughter when they were walking around with the dogs.

Not sure what your budget is but this could be an option for you. VideoIQ has a new appliance that will allow you to run their analytics on third party IP cameras. I am very much looking forward to testing this unit in the next couple of weeks.

http://media.wix.com/ugd//d52377_41d5ee98533e7fb1b850a28aca02800d.pdf

I called them few days ago. they are just starting to support ip cams. you need there encoder for 3rd party and there software comes with it. $1600 for there 4 camera encoder. at that price my security system is going to be the most expensive thing i have for them to steal

I've been using the Vitamin D trial version on my Mac Mini 2.3ghz dual core. I'm only using it on our iBaby wireless camera, so only doing 320 x 240. Unlike what you're experiencing, after I view the clips, they are still all there until I delete them. I do like their object detection. Maybe I don't understand it correctly, but isn't it still based on pixel change? For example, there is a condition you can change as to ignoring an object ranging from 30 to 70 pixels. I tried this with the iBaby cam and it sort of worked 75% of the time, as it ignored our miniature poodles but detected my wife and daughter when they were walking around with the dogs.

i found out they auto delete after 24 hours. according to tech support. not sure if that happens with yours? but mine still randomly delete before then. anyway. video analytics still uses pixel change too. just does it alot more intelligently. it can detect light and color change. compare it to known objects etc.....it can go on from there but i think you get the point. options could be endless depending on how crazy you want to get. with most the motion detection in cameras now all it does is say...yeah there was xx pixels that changed. xx pixles could be grouped together to form an object...or they could be spread out over the whole scene to form "noise".

Just installed the MxActivity firmware on my Q24 a couple of days ago. Still trying to figure it out.

You know how Mobotix engineers think, if it was hard for them to develop, it should be equally hard for you to use.