Sign in to follow this  
irrational

Wireless cameras

Are there "any" worthwhile wireless cameras? Are the Lorex LW 2110 cameras worth an attempt or would it be poor wireless communication coupled with poor resolution? Is there anything battery powered and wireless? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Most customers have a hard enough time getting a decent signal to browse the internet in most parts of their house, yes alone stream video wirelessly. This is usually do in part to the fact most people place their cable modems and routers in the basement, at least here in Ontario.

Unless you want to expand your wireless network, wireless cameras usually aren't the best option. If you want to see how well your wireless coverage is, grab a laptop and the software called netstumbler (its free) and then walk around to the areas in your house where you plan to put your wireless cameras and observe the signal strength from your network; this will give you a pretty good indication on whether or not you can go with wireless cameras.

Hey there, even I am looking out for a worthwhile infrared camera for my place. I want to install at the backyard. Not able to decide which one to buy. Please help me out with your suggestions. Should I go for a wireless camera? Really confused...........