yolish

Advice for Alarm integration with DVR

Hi,

I am looking to add alarm functionality to my Dahua Hybrid DVR.

I am also using on the promises intruder alarm from "Texecom" Model Veritas R8 .

Is there any way to integrate the alarm to the DVR so when the alarm goes off it will trigger alarm in the DVR, I prefer this way rather then wiring separate PIR/Contacts direct to the DVR, cause in this way I have a control on the alarms and they only active when I manually set the intruder alarm to arm mode.

if Veritas R8 are not compatible which is the best alarm in UK for integration with DVR's ?

Wire Bell pos from Texecom panel through handy little relay to give you either a nc or no to suit your DVR alarm contacts and voila, when your texecom goes off your DVR gets the alarm signal as well.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply, I am a complete novice in the alarm part, can you please elaborate what's the "bell pos" do you have a link for them? and what spec should I look for in the relay?

Also I understand that it will not be possible to trigger the DVR from different zones in the alarm, do you know alarm which will give different outputs for different zones? for example if zones 1 is triggered in the alarm it will be wired to alarm 1 in the DVR and if zone 2 is triggered in the alarm it will be wired to alarm 2 in the DVR..

Appreciate your help.