garmcqui

New CCTV system

Hi from the UK,

I have just finished installing a basic CCTV system at my work, which comprises of:

1x Ademco 16-channel H.264 DVR (1TB HDD)

11x Honeywell HD73PX 600TVL Vandal Resistant Dome Cameras

DVR details:

http://www.ademco.eu/products/23/ADKRD164A

Camera details:

http://www.citysecuritysystems.co.uk/honeywell-hd73px-cctv-dome-camera

Everything is connected, motion detect recording is enabled on all channels and I can log into the DVR from home and view live/recorded images, which is great.

I currently have the DVR set to record in highest resolution (D1) at 6FPS.

However, I'm unhappy with the quality, which is much lower than I had expected, especially at night. I will post some day/night images to try and highlight the issue...

221134_1.png

221134_2.png

221134_3.png

221134_4.png

As you can see, the image quality at night is terrible, and most definitely wouldn't enable intruders to be identified.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance!

Gareth

You've got lots of glare in most of the night-time images. First order of business is to make sure that the domes are clean clean clean, inside and out. The internal IR LEDs will light up any little smudge and make the image terrible. Pointing them away from things like walls will reduce the reflected IR light from the wall back onto the dome which will partly blind the camera. IR inside domes is generally a bad idea. Much better to have domes good enough that they don't need internal IR. Failing that, external IR illuminators with your current domes (with internal IR turned off), lots more white light, or bullets.

Yes,

Day time is pure good but night is poor. But even in high light, I do think so it would so bad for it equipped Auto Iris vari-focal lens.

You could clean glass house to move all dust, it may cause bounce in front of lens.

Ys

there is one more solution instead of Ir your can urs array (ERA) for the night vision and cover your cameras which are shying in front of dome camera so that IR light should not reflect to the dome camera directoly.

Second thing your camera no 1 3 5 and 6 need array for the night vision. because it is seems that distance between object and camera is more the 15 mtrs and and IR LED may not clear the vision more the 10 mtrs so try to replace your camersa with ARRAy.

if still problem write here