Sign in to follow this  
wkdwrx

no password for 16ch avtech -CCTV MPEG4 Network DVr

hi all i recently just bought myself a avtech 16 CH-CCTV MPEG4 Network DVR Security System the person i bought it off dont know the password for it . any ideas how i can reset it back to fatory password ?????? i dont know the modey number but heres a pic

any help or info be great . thanks

shannon

1212000533_T2eC16FHJIIE9qTYI3z6BRUYWJuP-Q60_57.thumb.jpg.3b367c3c06b0f5c8c26145811cab8518.jpg

Did it occur to you it might be stolen? If a seller doesn't know the password you have to wonder why not!

There are two ways to reset the password to default on AVTECH but I'm not prepared to discuss them online.

You need to find a local CCTV technician who will decide if he wants to reset your password to default.

I charge £80.00 for this service and I want evidence of the original purchase unless the seller gave you his

original invoice with the unit, you won't have that.

good luck

its a mate of mine its not stolen hes had it for ages and ages but because hes never had to go though it hes forgotten the password like i forget my msn password cause never use it . but thanks for the heads up .

That's entirely different then, well done you for getting it from a known source.

It is easy for a technician to reset the entire settings to default then you can set

an admin password and save it somewhere then away you, go.

One method involves shorting out two pins on the main board, I don't recommend

this as one slip and goodbye DVR. I only use that method as a LAST RESORT.

The other method is far more manageable but is still risky for a person that hasn't

done the procedure before.

As for forgetting your MSN password, yeah I've done that too so no big deal.

If he didn't have need to get into the DVR in all the time he owned it he was very lucky.

Thats why I always set an admin password and a seperate one for my customers so I can always

reset their password if they do forget it. Some DVRs need a factory reset in such cases.

Send the picture to AVTECH and ask them to identify the model for you by picture and serial number.

When you find a technician to reset the password to default he/she will know what to do.

best of luck..

I think this is AVTECH KPD 798 or 796

I know i saw a thread on how to reset the DVR here. just look for it.