Outsync

Router can not handle 3 IP cameras

Hi Guys,

I've been test running Blue Iris for a few days now and just added a 3rd ipcamera. The third camera is an AVTECH 375 outdoor camera connected over poe.

I notice that the third camera seems to lag and lose its connection more then it really should. At first I thought the camera may malfunction or has some stability issues but I'm ruling this out because I've owned another ip camera a Y Cam Cube HD which had the same stability issues. This resulted in a few minutes of a good stabile video stream and all of the sudden the image would freeze and it would reconnect. Because I was not overall satisfied with this cam I sent it back and did not pay further attention to it.

But now I do wanna keep this AVTECH camera and this instability is giving me some headaches. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Blue Iris and I'm starting to look at my network.

Each of my cameras gets a fixed IP adress assigned by the router and the camera's MAC address this goes without any issues. So because this camera also suffers these issues I'm led to believe it is my router an Apple airport extreme basestation that is causing these issues.

Could it be possible that it simply can not handle the traffic 3 ip cameras some phones and tablets and a laptop cause? We only do some web surfing and an occasional video on youtube every now and then to other then the 3 ip cams they don't generate alot of local traffic on the router.

It doesn't make a difference viewing the cams through LAN or WAN, and it's always the third camera that I add that gives a problem (I've tried friends camera and yes indeed the same instability showed!)

Now I'm really puzzled honestly why only the third camera that I add that causes this problem and not the two others already connected? Is it really a router problem? I do hear a zoom/ticking coming out of the router which wasn't there before.

So my network setup for the cameras is as follows:

Airport extreme basestation latest model and latest firmware around 3 years old

A Foscam 9821w wired latest firmware never had any issue

A Foscam 9802w wireless latest firmware no issues

An Avtech 375 poe wired drops connection alot!

No other wired connections to the router and all other tablets/computers/phones are connected wirelessly. A reboot or reset doesn't help.

Any thoughts, do I buy a router that is not Apple anymore and go for another brand's high end model?

Thx

Gill

Have you tried:

• Disconnecting one or both of the other cameras temporarily?
  • Moving the Avtech camera to a different port on the router?
  • Swapping the ports used by the 9821w and the Avtech?

If it is a bandwidth issue, removing the other cameras should reduce the bandwidth to a usable level.

If it is the router, maybe just one port is bad.

Also, you mentioned that the Avtech is PoE, yet AFAIK the airport does not provide PoE. What is providing the power to that camera? Is it possible that your PoE injector is bad?