CamB

IC Realtime Home Solution

A security installer that has given me a quote for 2 Outdoor 1.3 MP and 2 2MP cameras, NVR, Router, Monitor, and installation is coming in at $5000USD. 3 yr camera warranty and 5 year warranty on workmanship. He tells me that this would be adequate for residential.

My questions:

- Is this reasonable?

- Is IC Realtime a good brand?

- Are these good cameras? ICIP-D1300 1.3 MP Dome and 2 Megapixel 3-9mm VF Full HD Vandal-proof IR

Network Dome Camera SD and PoE

IC Realtime are relabeled cams like most.Do a little goggle searching to verify exactly what you're getting.

Call the company back and tell him to buy Dahua. They're the same product as IC realtime but only less money. And that 1.3mp

camera you listed the model number, does not have night vision, not sure why he chose that camera? As far as price goes,

I'd rather not bad mouth anyone, but if your going to pay a company to install your camera system rather than DIY, than

get more than one estimate.

I agree with Vector..Have you thought about installing your system yourself?? Lots of help/information on here to guide you along.

A security installer that has given me a quote for 2 Outdoor 1.3 MP and 2 2MP cameras, NVR, Router, Monitor, and installation is coming in at $5000USD. 3 yr camera warranty and 5 year warranty on workmanship. He tells me that this would be adequate for residential.

My questions:

- Is this reasonable?

- Is IC Realtime a good brand?

- Are these good cameras? ICIP-D1300 1.3 MP Dome and 2 Megapixel 3-9mm VF Full HD Vandal-proof IR

Network Dome Camera SD and PoE

Ill fly out, and do this for $4400

Doesn't this have day night? I assume that is what the things that look like LED's are for?

Model ICIP-D1300

Camera

Image Sensor 1/3” 1.3Megapixel Aptina CMOS

Effective Pixels 1280(H)x960(V)

Scanning System Progressive

Electronic Shutter Speed Auto/Manual 1/4~1/10000

Min. Illumination Color: 0. 1LUX/F1.4, B/W: 0.005LUX/F1.4,0Lux

(IR on)

S/N Ratio >50dB

Camera Features

Max. IR LEDs Length 60FT

Day/Night Auto(ICR) / Color / B/W

Backlight Compensation BLC

White Balance Auto

Gain Control Auto/Manual

Noise Reduction 2D

Privacy Masking Up to 4 areas

Lens

Focal Length 2.8mm (3.6mm, 6mm, 8mm optional)

Max Aperture F1.8(F2.0/F1.8/F1.

Angle of View H: 70°(114°/46°/35°)

Mount Type Board-in Type

Video

Compression H.264 / MJPEG

Resolution 1.3M(1280x960) / 720P(1280x720) /

D1(704x480) / CIF(352x240)

Frame Rate

Main Stream:

1.3M(1~15fps)/720P(1 ~

25/30fps)

Sub Stream: D1/CIF(1 ~ 25/30fps)

Bit Rate H.264: 32K ~ 8192Kbps, MJPEG: 32K ~

12288Kbps

Network

Ethernet RJ-45 (10/100Base-T)

Protocol

IPv4/IPv6, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, TCP/IP, UDP, UPnP,

ICMP, IGMP, SNMP, RTSP, RTP, SMTP, NTP, DHCP,

DNS, PPPOE, DDNS, FTP, IP Filter, QoS, Bonjour

ONVIF ONVIF Ver. 2.0

Max. User Access 10 users

Smart Phone iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone

General

Power Supply DC12V, PoE (802.3af)

Power Consumption <4W

Working Environment -14°F~140°F / -25°C~+60°C, 10%~90%

What camera are you looking at? I am looking at the ICIPD1300.

http://www.icrealtime.com/solutions/pdshowg.asp?pdid=ICIPD1300#!prettyPhoto

221413_1.jpg

Model

ICIP-D1300

General

Processor

TI DaVinci Series DSP

Operating System

Embedded LINUX

Resource

Simultaneous remote monitoring, local recording and remote control

User Interface

WEB, CMS(DSS/ PSS), ICRSS, NVR

Camera

Image Sensor

1/3 1.3 Megapixel SONY progressive scan Exmor CMOS

Effective Pixels

1920 (H)x1080(V)

Electronic Shutter

Auto/Manual, 1/60~1/10000s

Mini. Illumination

0.1LUX/F1.2(Color), 0.05LUX/F1.2(B/W)

Signal Noise Ratio

>50dB

Gain Control

Auto/Manual

White Balance

Auto/Manual

Day/Night

Electrical Day/Night

Lens Mount080(V)

M12

Lens

3.6mm

Video

Video Compression

H.264E/MJPEG/JPEG

Image Resolution

1.3M(1280x960) / 720P(1280x720) / D1(704x576/704x480)

Encoding Speed

Main Stream:15fps @ 1.3M(1280x960)

Extra Stream: D1/CIF (1~30fps)

Bit Rate

128K~8192Kbps

Snapshot

Fastest 1fps JPEG capture

Video Format

NTSC

Network

Ethernet

RJ-45 (10/100Base-T)

Network Functions

HTTP,TCP/IP,ARP,IGMP,ICMP,RTSP,RTP,UDP,RTCP,SMTP,FTP,DHCP, DNS,DDNS,PPPOE,UPNP,NTP,Bonjour,SNMP

Remote Operation

Monitor, Playback, System setting, File download, Log information, Maintenance & Upgrade

Environmental

Power Supply

DC12V, PoE

Power Consumption

Max 1.5W

Operating Environment

-14°F~140°F / -25°C~+60°C, 10%~90%

Dimensions

2.13" x Φ4.33" - 54mm x Φ110mm

Weight

0.5lb / 0.25kg

$5,000, wow, that is cheap for 4 cameras installed by a professional security company. Figure there's about $1,200 in stuff you are getting and maybe $500 for an licensed electrician to install it. So for only $3,300 profit is actually good. We get bids on project and sometimes a vendor thinks they are clever and bid cheap cameras for $10k for 4 analog cameras and a DVR. But reality check, our low bids may be $15K for 4 Mobotix cameras installed, no NVR. Sure, these are $1,500 cameras, but even then, with extras and labor that's $8K profit and we run all the conduit for them because they don't want to get their fingernails dirty.

Maybe we can get them to come and install 4 cameras for us for $5K and they can keep the lousy cameras and we'll supply them with the good ones.

I would avoid no-name or unpopular cameras and stick to proven products. You can get a nice Axis system, commercial grade P series, use Axis Cameras Companion to record to a NAS. Hire an electrician (if you are in So Cal I can recommend someone) that will run all the wiring for you and all you do is aim them and configure some minor stuff and you'll have a system worth $5k. Or if you want to save a few bucks, put in 4 ACTi cameras, ACTi NVR and have an electrician install everything and be way under $5K.

Just be careful who you hire or use to install. See if they have referrals. I recently sold a camera system to a licensed electrician

that I met on a job. Our deal was he buys from me, installs it himself, calls me to come and set up the network and finish the job. Well, he calls me the other day and I go down to the job, a motorcycle bar, and I power up the dvr and the power supply. I look at the monitor and not one camera came on. I trouble shoot and discover he didn't strip the rg59 properly, so I stripped it and put on compression fittings. When I Climb up the ladder to focus the cameras, I notice he simply taped up the connections and ran the wires outside the side of the building. One camera up high had the connectors taped up and laying right in the gutter! I tell the guy it looks like a 4 year old child installed this! I asked him if he installs outdoor lighting like this and he says no, everything is sealed. He tells me he didn't think the camera lines had to be free from water. So, long story short, don't assume a licensed electrician will install your camera system perfectly. Ask questions to the installing company on how they will run the wires, how they protect connectors from the elements, what size hard drive your getting, or even if you can go visit one of their previous installations.

Vector18

This is the one I meant: ICIPD1300IR. The last photo you posted.

Vector 18,

Great recommendations. However, the installer that I am referencing here and that I was keen to go with seem to be tired of answering my questions and is asking that I just need to trust him and make a decision whether or not to move forward. He explained that he has plenty of business...

I understand from a small business perspective, you can only spend so much time with pre-sales...but residential customers that are new to CCTV will have questions. For example, my questions were around why does the new proposal cost $1500 more than the last proposal with 2 fewer cameras and can you itemize each line item. Seems like reasonable questions to me.

At this point, I may be back to square one and consider hiring an electrician to run the Cat 6, mount the cameras where I want, and set up the networking myself. It is unfortunate that I am unable to find someone from Axis able to offer me a turnkey solution. $10K for 2 homes...3 outdoor IR dome cameras each seems to be a reasonable budget.

Personally, someone telling me to make a decision already because he has plenty of business, I do not want doing work

at my house! There should be plenty of other companies you can call for an estimate, no? Do you have friends that have

camera systems that were happy with their install? Maybe your right, find a reputable electrician to do the wiring and mounting, than you take over the networking so you gain the experience in case you need to trouble shoot for the future. Good luck, let us

now what happens.