darker

Issues with port forwarding?

Hi All

Hope someone can help. We currently have symphony 4 cctv systems installed in some of our shops. We got an external company to do this. They were an approved seller of cop security systems (cop-eu.com). Cop do not deal with the end user directly and only provide support to the reseller who we are in no longer contact with.

Cop have 2 ways we can remotely access the cameras. Through the web browser typing in the IP address and with the prot forwarding set up on the router you access the live feed. There is another software called CMS which allows us to access multiple shops in one go. All you do is in the cms software you input the correct login information i.e IP address and user logon and password. The problem we face is we can access the camera feed using the cms but cannot through the web browser. To me this means that port forwarding is working otherwise how would the cms software give me access. Am I correct in this thought?

The reason we need to be able to access through the web browser is to record video from previous days and this functionality is not available through the CMS. When trying to access the feed through the browser we get the error "This program cannot display the webpage". Also the feeds can only be accessed using IE.

I would be grateful is anyone could point me in the right riderction.

Thanks

ActiveX. You won't be able to view it on your web browser until you've installed the ActiveX component. If you got a CD-ROM with your equipment it might be on there and might be called something like General_IE_V2.0.0.62_201206021.exe

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Apologies but should have mentioned this earlier. ActiveX is installed. We can view all other shops its just this particular shop that we canot view using a web browser.

the web port may be blocked by the ISP. Typically the web port is 80, try changing it to 8080, (make sure the number corresponds in the DVR).

Check to make sure that all of the ports are indeed forwarding, I use yougetsignal.com

Hope you find what you are looking for.

One more note if you do change the web port to 8080 you have to add that to the address in the browser ex: 168.94.138.24:8080