blake

Indoor dome that can easily record to nas?

I'm looking for an indoor dome to place in a living room that can easily record to NAS if triggered by motion so that the owner will get a text/mail on smartphone then can log into camera and NAS.Is the Dahua software reliable for this?

All of the Mobotix models will do this. Records to a NAS and an alert you via Email or Push notification to IOS devices via their free App.

Mobotix makes great cams, but they're out of the price rangemfor the average residential customer.

I'm looking for an indoor dome to place in a living room that can easily record to NAS if triggered by motion so that the owner will get a text/mail on smartphone then can log into camera and NAS.Is the Dahua software reliable for this?

You'll have to figure a way out, since DAHUAs (and most cameras) only support FTP upload (and FTP cannot be used to check the free space, for example). Then you'll have to script the NAS to watch for a folder for new motions, send the message to the owner along (probably) with the filename (of course, you could also use the email function of the camera, but you can't control the message it sends).

Simplest way is to use local microSD recording on camera and alert on e-mail and the best way is to use a NVR.

So once the camera writes to the sd card, it will then send an e-mail to the homeowner.Which in turn how does the homeowner view the footage from the sd card via their smartphone?

The best camera that I use for what you want is AVTech's push video series. If you get one with an SD card slot, from just about any smart phone, blackberry, android, ios, etc, you can view live video, you can view video recorded on the SD card and if there's motion detection from it's built in PIR motion detector, you will get a chirp on your phone within seconds and it will play back the last recorded event. It's worked really well for me for a few years at our weekend place with never one false alarm and detect activity every time there's activity. They are good 1.3MP cameras with decent low light sensitivity. I did reviews on a few of them, but haven't kept in touch with the manufacturer because they are a little hard to get.

Thanks buell!!!! The AVN812 and AVN813 are exactly what i am looking for!! Checked world eye cam and they don't offer it yet.They only have the AVN801..

The only thing that bothers me about the AVTECH push series cams is no offer of poe. I looked at there dome poe cams, and only one of them are listed as outdoor and that's the AVM521A.