keepsafe

How does Eyeonet compare with Q-See or Lorex?

I live in Canada and I won't be able to go Costco to shop for Q-See or Lorex this year. However I found an alternative called Eyeonet and I want to know if anyone heard of it or how it compares. I am really clueless with these brands but your help is appreciated

http://www.aartech.ca/ip9741-megapixel-night-vision-ip-camera.html

http://www.aartech.ca/product/00/IP9742/Eyeonet-IP-Camera-Indoor-Outdoor-Bullet-2-Megapixel-1080P-3.6mm-Infrared-POE

Those are the Dahua mini bullets that are (were?) popular on here. If you're a Canuck, you might be interested in the Swann/Hikvision package on Costco.ca. They do mail order if you're a member. In fact, my local Costco doesn't stock the IP surveillance systems so it HAS to be mail order for many people. The cost of membership if you don't have one is easily saved many times over by just buying one of those packages at Costco over somewhere else. If you prefer the QSee/Dahua package, they have it as well.

The first one appears to be the Dahua IPC-HFW2100, which is a good basic 720p camera. The second one appears to be the Dahua IPC-HFW3200S, which is their compact, fewer frills version of the IPC-HFW3200C. Also a good basic camera.

Search the forum for variations on these model names, and you'll find a ton of posts.

Both have drawbacks, but have good performance for the money. The main thing to check is how the support works, as Dahua provides no factory support to end users at all. Ask them how you'll be getting firmware updates - some will send it to you, others make you send the camera back to them, which is pretty unacceptable.

In any case, you're stuck with what your supplier provides as service (and the forums, of course).

Those are the Dahua mini bullets that are (were?) popular on here. If you're a Canuck, you might be interested in the Swann/Hikvision package on Costco.ca. They do mail order if you're a member. In fact, my local Costco doesn't stock the IP surveillance systems so it HAS to be mail order for many people. The cost of membership if you don't have one is easily saved many times over by just buying one of those packages at Costco over somewhere else. If you prefer the QSee/Dahua package, they have it as well.

Thanks for the Costco Canada links. I have seen them before but it is too costly for me as I only need one or two of them at the moment. In the states, it would be much cheaper by 25%. I am thinking of buying that Eyeonet but since you mention is a Dahua mini bullet. It's the same with Q-See, right?

I am not going to be using a NVR, I think I will be using a Synology to store my videos. Have anyone tried that?

Actually, the Swann/Hik combo is MORE expensive in the States at the moment. But no, I haven't seen the camera 2-pack on Costco.ca yet. To my eyes that 1080P Eyeonet 9742 is worth the extra $50 over the other Eyeonet camera. The videos I've seen of the Dahua equivalent are pretty good. As for the Synology solution, it doesn't seem like a bad solution for a single cam if you already have or need a NAS, but the licenses for extra cameras get pricey. Something like Blue Iris (or the free software that comes with most IP cams) gets more attractive very quickly. I haven't heard a thing about Eyeonet support so I can't give any references there.

Actually, the Swann/Hik combo is MORE expensive in the States at the moment. But no, I haven't seen the camera 2-pack on Costco.ca yet. To my eyes that 1080P Eyeonet 9742 is worth the extra $50 over the other Eyeonet camera. The videos I've seen of the Dahua equivalent are pretty good. As for the Synology solution, it doesn't seem like a bad solution for a single cam if you already have or need a NAS, but the licenses for extra cameras get pricey. Something like Blue Iris (or the free software that comes with most IP cams) gets more attractive very quickly. I haven't heard a thing about Eyeonet support so I can't give any references there.

Thanks your reply was helpful!