mkstretch

CCTV Remote setup

I lost connection on my CCTV system. I have an IC Realtime max 8 DVR. I have Verizon Fios router with an asus router as an access point. I had it setup with dvrdns.org by the install guy. I have now setup up a no ip host name, but I don't know what settings to enter on the Fios router, on no ip site and into my dvr. Any help would be great thanks.

Same here, who installed it for you? I used to work for a company that installed ic realtime and used dvrdns

Same here, who installed it for you? I used to work for a company that installed ic realtime and used dvrdns

CCTVNEWYORK from fresh meadows

Are you near Fresh Meadows? I can stop by and set it up for you if you want and than show you how to for the future.

Thanks so much for the offer. But I have some decent computer knowledge and was hoping you could just tell me where to look.

You shouldn't have to change anything in your router. Go to the settings in the DVR and under network you will see ddns.

Find where they entered dvrdydns info and change it to your no-ip info.

Yeah it has the no ip option but it also asks me to put in info for server info under ddns settings. On the no ip site I picked the dns host a setting but it also asks for IP address. When I get home I will take a screen shot of the settings it's asking for. Thanks

For the server IP, you can either enter no-ip.com or, you ping no-ip, you will see the actual IP of no-ip.

222686_1.jpg

also i forwarded my DVR's TCP port, and HTTP port on my fios router. The install guys did enter my dvrdns host address into my fios router under dynamic dns setting.

do not use www in front of no-ip.com, use port 80, that is what your DVR uses to send info to no-ip, device alias is your domain name in full, for example, mkstretch.no-ip.com, user name and password is the user name and password to log into no-ip

My http Port on my dvr is 8081 not 80. Also what about the settings on the no ip site. It also asks for an IP address. Thanks

The port in the ddns setting is what the dvr uses to send info OUT on. The port in your network settings is what port you use to view your dvr from the outside world. In no-IP, enter the IP of your modem.

Ok so the http port under network setting port under ddns don't have to be the same?

In no ip I just use my router ip?

I put the settings in place and still cannont get into my dvr for remote viewing. Under DDNS settings on my DVR I put port 80. I port forwarded my TCP port and my HTTP from my DVR's network settings. I put my router ip I use to log into my router from home into no ip website settings. I dont know what Im missing.

remote login is working now. But I had to change my host Type from DNS Host A to port 80 Redirect, and i went to whatsmyip.com website and used that ip for my computer on the no ip website instead of the usual router ip.

Yes, when I said modems IP, I meant your outside IP, not your internal. I wasn't specific cause you had mentioned you had computer knowledge. But either way, glad you got it working.