evnldr

Lorex NVR crappy Email motion pic (Solved) kinda

Here is an example of my network.

Connect an nvr-poe port to your router lan or another switch.

Remember to DISABLE UPNP in EACH AND EVERY CAMERA.

After this I found that I can have two dhcp (even though the NVR doesn't use dhcp server) range, another way you can configure it.

My lan dhcp range being 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.200 <- set this in your router, so the nvr LAN single IP gets this

The NVR range being 192.168.1.201 to 192.168.1.254 <- set this in the NVR, list under POE range. So all the cameras get these IP addresses.

This can be done because the NVR uses a Hikvision protocol and not dhcp to hand out ip addresses, so they don't clash.

As you are only supposed to have a single dhcp server.

netpix.png.7fd107068a56ebdeafaa006492325c6d.png

So what's the reason for connecting the Lorex to the switch via both the built-in POE switch and the LAN port? I'm pretty technical, but am not a network expert, so any useful tricks are appreciated!

So what's the reason for connecting the Lorex to the switch via both the built-in POE switch and the LAN port? I'm pretty technical, but am not a network expert, so any useful tricks are appreciated!

The cameras are not able to be accessed from a PC if you don't connect both the LAN and the NVR-POE network.

You can do this because the NVR doesn't use a regular DHCP server to give IP addressed to the cameras, they use a Hikvision protocol.

There are settings in the cameras that you can change via the PC that are not directly accessible in the NVR menus.

These additional settings are WDR, BLC, noise control, additional motion detection zones, record directly to a NAS (aswell as the NVR), etc.