javamonkey

HELP. CCTV WIreless transmission

hi! im new in this forum. will somebody help me? im planning to have my cameras at point b and watch it on point a. is this possible?? here is my scenario "attached"

how1.thumb.jpg.ac39fe6d8fb976efccba41b1ae9ace7e.jpg

Yes just setup port forwarding and use the external IP address of point B, type in your socket (IPaddress:Port#) and you can access B from A, very simple, no different then viewing your home network from an external source, let me know if you need a more detailed explanation.

It appears that you have a router with no WAN connection on side "B", why is that?

In any case, you should be able to access your cameras as indicated using the local IP address.

Just took another look at your picture, why do you have two routes on the 192.168.0 segment, this will cause issues. You need to change your network on the B side to a different network range say 192.168.1 will work.

However I don't think this will work if you are trying to setup a point to point with wireless, at least not with setting up the correct routes.

Yes just setup port forwarding and use the external IP address of point B, type in your socket (IPaddress:Port#) and you can access B from A, very simple, no different then viewing your home network from an external source, let me know if you need a more detailed explanation.

thank you. ill let you know when its done

Just took another look at your picture, why do you have two routes on the 192.168.0 segment, this will cause issues. You need to change your network on the B side to a different network range say 192.168.1 will work.

However I don't think this will work if you are trying to setup a point to point with wireless, at least not with setting up the correct routes.

If i change the b side to 192.168.1.1, while the a side to 192.168.0.1, then i dont know how to view the camera from the other side a?

sorry for my bad english.

It appears that you have a router with no WAN connection on side "B", why is that?

In any case, you should be able to access your cameras as indicated using the local IP address.

its supposed to get its connection from a. Im so confused about it.

If you don't need to keep "A" side and "B" side computers from talking to each other, just eliminate the router on side "B".

The router on side "A" should be able to handle all routing, as long as the wireless link is configured as a transparent bridge.