BillAk

PC based magnetic sencores?

Hello forum! I'm new here. I am raising a few money to buy a CCTV system I think I'll have it ready in a couple of months but there is something else I'd like to do.

First I have to apologise if my English are not perfect. I am not a native speaker.

What I was thinking is that with the cameras I could also place that magnetic window sensors on my doors and windows. BUT! I don't want them on an alarm system. I just want to be able to monitor from my pc what doors/windows are open. So... is there ANYTHING like that or is it just in my imagination and I should patent it?

Any decent DVR will have alarm inputs/outputs.

Edit: Oh... If you want to record on the computer, you won't have it so easy. I would just use a DVR and save time.

Sounds like you would be better off asking in a home automation forum. Most folks here think more about triggering cameras with external events like open windows rather than having a unit showing which windows you forgot to close.

Yes, something like MiCasaVerde system. For example, I can tell if my front door is locked/unlocked from my smart phone and it sends a text every time the door locks or unlocks and triggers a lamp to come on when the door is unlocked and turns it off when I lock the door. It has some capabilities to view IP cameras, but doesn't record, just displays. Uses a wireless technology called Z-Wave, so if you can find Z-Wave sensors for your windows, you can do the same with windows as I do with my front door.