XenonXTZ

Confused with DVRs! Details inside

So, here I am stuck and no idea where to go.

I've tried 2 "Big" (Known) manufactures of the DVRs.

1) Samsung SRD-1650 - (OK app, DVR gets STUCK (Still records and works, but Smartviewer no longer connect until you reboot the DVR).

The DVR is running 1.12 fw, the latest one. I have the same exact models that have been purchased 2 years ago and they work perfectly fine, never got stuck!

I think that Samsung has some quality control issues! I was with the CS a lot of times and they are of no help.

The DVR is not reliable. It is good on papers, but it sucks! It gets stuck at least once a day.

2) Everfocus Ecor264x1/16 - DVR is OK, software is nightmare! PowerVideo Plus or whatever it is. Bogus playback function, not user friendly. If You select all 16 channels on the DVR, it takes all the bandwidth (it is good), but if you "zoom" in into 1 channel, it still sucks the same bandwidth, which is not cool.

Is there any other reputable manufacturer I could give a try?

The budget for the unit is around $1.2K.

Thank you very much.

XTZ

If you have a 1200$ budget for just the DVR why not go all out?

When you say bandwidth are you referring to remote viewing or do you mean the unit slows down when trying to do to much at once?

I would suggest going with a digimerge DVR they are great units. Can get a decent one for 1200$

Thank you so much for your input!

I will give Digimerge a try then! I looked it up and Digimerge DHU616B50 looks promising. Found one @ ~$900

The only thing is that software has to be simple to understand.

As per the bandwidth I mean, than most of my remote locations (Around 150 DVR sites) are running on DSL with max upload of 768Kbps with no ability to improve.

And yes, Samsung live streaming is fine, Everfocus has reduced framerate (noticeable) even on LAN

Everfocus hardware is good, DVR works fine, but those fellas have a problem with software, I would advise them to change the software engineering group.

I liked the Dahua software and found it very user friendly, but I'm not familiar with hardware.

Are you aware of any known manufacturers that rebrands the Dahuas and sells in US?

Also to note, is that I currently have the DVRs that have problem with distortion in a period of time and if not this issue I'd never upgrade my CCTV system.

Digimerge software was very easy to use, and there CMS software was awesome in my opinion, only thing to watch out for is the enter button is not in the center of the arrow keys on their remote its on the top left.

Let me know how you like it.

For Samsung SRD-1650:

#firmware 1.14

#SmartViewer 4.01

#dedicated HDD; example: SEAGATE PIPLINE HD 2TB or 3TB model

#use operator account to LAN connecting (don't use admin account)

...It must working !!

...If not than DVR is broken.

For Samsung SRD-1650:

#firmware 1.14

#SmartViewer 4.01

#dedicated HDD; example: SEAGATE PIPLINE HD 2TB or 3TB model

#use operator account to LAN connecting (don't use admin account)

...It must working !!

...If not than DVR is broken.

Please start your own threads, do not hijack others, it just confuses people.

Thank you very much for all your inputs, guys!

Really appreciate your time and advices!

Finally, after trying a couple of manufacturers and many DVRs from them - I think that I found what I was looking for!

It is an LG LRD5160N DVR! The best one I've seen! Their software is simple and effective too! DVR's build quality is on the level.

The board (PCB) was labeled 09/2012 when I opened the cover. That means the technology used in the DVR is relatively new. I was surprised to see a decent sized heatsink and a small fan mounted on the CPU. Not every manufacturer does it, though it is needed! The power supply was from FSP Group (best PS manufacturers) and rated @ 220W. I mean this thing is just great! It is a great DVR with great features and software. You can get it for around $900 too!