sunnyny

Feedback about 4 Channel DVR

Hamm

????

Well, like I said in this thread or another, no webserver on the Avermedia and price differences are significant.

But agreed with RORY depends on your clientel. Avermedia is very stable and very straight forward, just featureless. If your looking for just good recording with not all the bells and whistles and a DVR that will be very stable go with the Aver.

If your looking for a DVR that will be customizable, upgradeble, and full of features go with the GEO. Or use the Avermedia DVR Cards very comperable to GEO.

PC Windows XP gives you (i sound like a broken record now ) higher quality evidence sharing, faster speeds, upgradable flexibility, and larger selection of the newest compression codecs.

Stand alone non Windows (eg Linux, Nucleus, etc) are great for plug, play, and forget about it, with little to no intervention.

A budget Stand Alone is in no way silimar to a decent higher end unit.

Same can be said with PC Cards, but with well known brands the software stays the same across the boards.

PC Windows XP gives you (i sound like a broken record now ) higher quality evidence sharing, faster speeds, upgradable flexibility, and larger selection of the newest compression codecs.

Stand alone non Windows (eg Linux, Nucleus, etc) are great for plug, play, and forget about it, with little to no intervention.

Same can be said with PC Cards, but with well known brands the software stays the same across the boards.

Just in Case

Third Time is a Charm