Sign in to follow this  
rfjunks

DVR Remote Viewing Help !!!

I have a Network DVR, which I use locally (via ActiveX), now that I am going on vacation I wanted to setup it up for remote viewing.

After reading from your forums posts, I have setup this much, but still no luck. I always get a timeout or not connected error.

I have checked the firewall logs in router, which is passing through correctly.

Please see the I created another firewall hole on port 80 and ran a web server on my PC which is very well accessible from Internet.

Please help me , I really need this working.

The only confusing thing in all instructions was what to put in DNS of DVR Network setup -

1] Router's IP & Blank

2] ISP DNS Servers which come in Routers Connection Page

Thanks in advance.

Network settings in DVR

Firewall is running.

Port Forwaring is checked by can you see me dot com.

lanview.png.4bf659e6cec9282cf60390ffdc22154a.png

firewall.thumb.png.43d6aaca42177ddcc4d520a3ac4bf0e5.png

canyouseeme.png.d40b9ddb45d83e8174f34d82117c2275.png

Now go to an external internet source such as your local McDonals and connect to their wifi, once connected enter xxx.xxx.55.134:8080 dont know what the first two octets of your external IP are.

If you just enter xxx.xxx.55.134 you will get a timeout unless you change your DVR settings in the http port to run on port 80 then you can simply enter xxx.xxx.55.134.

You should also get a DDNS account as your external IP is likely to be dynamic and will change

I do not see you anywhere forwarding the ports to your DVR IP... That is, you are showing us a screenshot were you tell your router to open the ports 8080, 34567, and 34599 on both TCP and UDP, that is fine.

But were are you telling your router (192.168.1.254, I guess) to forward the connections that come on those ports to your DVR IP (192.168.1.72)?

As SectorSecurity already said, if you want to test if it is working, fine, you need to test it from outside your network. Trying to access your public IP (http://xxx.xxx.55.134:8080) from inside your network will not work with most routers.

MindTwist is right, it looks like you have the type of router where you specify an IP address and setup a profile for it but just make sure you have correctly set your router to forward the ports to your DVR.

I would check your gateway usually by default routers are something like 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1 but there is no reason it cant be .254 it will not hurt anything.

Just remember if you want to access it without creating a socket (ip address:portnumber) change the http port to port 80, but only do this if you never plan to host a web server on your network as only 1 system can use port 80.

Let us know if you get it.