aibudo

Anchoring RG59/18-2 with messenger recomended method(s)

Anchoring RG59/18-2 with messenger recomended method(s)

For running cables overhead, structure to pole to pole to structure.

What do you recommend as the best way to anchor the above cctv cable at the ends (poles, structures, etc.)? Also, source of the correct anchors?

Dennis

This is what I have used in the past, I know one cable has been up +12 years hanging with these:

http://www.tnb.com/pubint/docs/diamond_sachs_us.pdf

There are other products on that PDF, but the first page shows what you need. The "hook" that is your "anchor" is a couple pages later.

As far as best, whatever can hold the anchor and be high enough to keep the cable from sagging too much. You will be a better judge of that, just make sure that the messenger is doing all the heavy lifting work, do not let the coax get stretched.

Thanks so much. You are a great help. I have searched everywhere that I could think of to find these things. I will only need about a dozen or so of the Omni Hooks and Drop Wire Clamps. Do you know of a supplier of which I could order only that many instead of a whole box of a 100 and 125?

Dennis

I cant remember who I got them from a few at a time, it was either Graybar or whoever HD supply was before Home Depot bought them out. Contact some CATV type suppliers as this is more common in their world.