funkadelic

looking to upgrade from a Logitech Alert system (IP/PoE)

Hi folks,

first post here. I've got an existing Logitech Alert system consisting of 3 cameras (2x Alert 700e + 1x Alert 700n). All 3 cameras are used outdoors, all connected via PoE. The 700n is an indoor camera but is used above my front door which is enclosed from any inclement weather.

I use the Alert software which I run 24/7 on my desktop PC and have the videos backed up to a NAS.

The big drawback with this system is that the video resolution (0.7 megapixel) & FPS (15fps max) is lacking. I don't say that just because I mindlessly want more megapixels & fps...I say it because I had someone drive up my driveway, park, and take a package from my front porch. I have video of the entire theft, BUT the resolution/fps is not good enough to make out the front license plate. Would have been a slam dunk if I could make out the plate

That said, I'd like to replace the entire system with higher resolution & higher FPS cameras. Are there IP/PoE cameras in the sub-$300/ea price range that I should consider? I see that the ACTi D32 is $266 from B&H which seems to fit what i'm looking for, except that it doesn't have audio, which I could probably live without.

I'm basically looking for the following

- sub-$300/ea

- IP camera (PoE)

- fixed lens

- motion detection

- min. 30 fps at 1920 x 1080 (2.1 MP)

- IR/night mode

- software that I can run on my PC or Mac to watch/download streams

- (nice to have) audio (1 way)

- (nice to have) on board memory (via SD/microSD card)

- (nice to have) mobile app to view remotely

thanks in advance for any recommendations!

i have a 6 camera logitech 700e system right now, 4 exterior, 2 interior, all E series

slowly upgrading my system, and i chose to replace it with some swann ip cameras costco is carrying, they seem really popular now, no onboard storage though or audio. i have a bunch of dahua hfw2100 and hdw2100 that i decided to not use, since it seems the swanns have more mature and better supported software.

i have a 6 camera logitech 700e system right now, 4 exterior, 2 interior, all E series

slowly upgrading my system, and i chose to replace it with some swann ip cameras costco is carrying, they seem really popular now, no onboard storage though or audio. i have a bunch of dahua hfw2100 and hdw2100 that i decided to not use, since it seems the swanns have more mature and better supported software.

i ended up ordering a pair of the swann cameras yesterday as well after reading through one of the threads here. Ordered a few Acti 3MP bullet cams to evaluate as well.

Are you using a NVR or something like blue iris for the swann cameras? I like the logitech alert desktop software, but not sure if i want to build a dedicated machine for blue iris, or give a try at a NVR, possibly from swann, q-see or lorex.

i ended up ordering a pair of the swann cameras yesterday as well after reading through one of the threads here. Ordered a few Acti 3MP bullet cams to evaluate as well.

Are you using a NVR or something like blue iris for the swann cameras? I like the logitech alert desktop software, but not sure if i want to build a dedicated machine for blue iris, or give a try at a NVR, possibly from swann, q-see or lorex.

i have 2 synology ds1812+ for my cams, or cams that will get installed, logitech is decent, but is lacking in many respects. The swanns seem like nice cameras, same form factor as the dahuas, but probably more support and a interface that works well compared to dahuas.