Sign in to follow this  
Ronald.Goolcharan

Intellex Advice

Hello everyone,

I have an Intellex DV16000 that is running on an embedded Windows 2000 OS.

There are no recovery CD for the machine and it keeps asking for the OS CD for repairs.

A colleague of mines used another Intellex Recovery CD's on the machine to sort it out and not it boots into the OS, but the licenses needs to be applied (There's no license.dat in the C:/Windows/Intellex)

Here is the remaining information on the system:-

Smart Item Code:- D60025D-036

DV16000, 2.5, DELUXE, 360GB, NTSC

The Original Intel motherboard has been replaced with a Gigabyte.

I have the machine SW Key, MAC and Serials

I also have the 2.6 & 3.2 Recovery CD's, as well as a 3.1 and a 4.0.

Can anyone advise me on how to attempt to recover the machine as it is to a proper working order.

Thanks,

Well, you changed the motherboard - which comes with new MAC address... plus needs new drivers for your Intellex system.. the problem is that version 2.5 came with Win98 OS and you are mentioning that currently it has Win2000... was there restoration of version 2.6 may be or version 3.2?? There are few problems with this upgrade and since you only have software key for version 2.5, which is tied to old motherboard MAC address, chances are good that you will not be able to make this system to work. Intellex systems are complicated platform and requires too much of details to be adhered to before it can function... changing the motherboard itself is a problem unless if you can have Intellex to adhere to its new drivers and even then, find SW key that will match with MAC address...

Hope this helps...