Sign in to follow this  
bostonblackey

How do I time stamp automatically when Ip camera activated

I am looking to set up a MOTION ACTIVATED IP camera with a SD card but have no idea how to time stamp the video's. None of the camera's I see on line mention time stamping.

The chore that I want to accomplish is to put a camera in my feed room (which is normally dark) to record the time a stable hand comes to feed my horses while I am away. Since the feed room is at least 6 to 700 ft from my house and router, I will have to connect the camera to a sending and receiving system such as an Amped AP600EX paired with a SP600EX that will connect to the router and camera with cat5e or better ethernet cable.

Any system that I configure must be able for me to download upon demand to my iphone.

Connecting the barn to the house by ethernet cable is not an option. The video will be NG without time stamp. Also will need software.

I would appreciate advice

Thanks

Edited by Guest

I am looking to set up a MOTION ACTIVATED IP camera with a SD card but have no idea how to time stamp the video's. Non of the camera's I see on line mention time stamping.

The chore that I want to accomplish is to put a camera in my feed room (which is normally dark) to record the time a stable hand comes to feed my horses while I am away. Since the feed room is at least 6 to 700 ft from my house and router, I will have to connect the camera to a sending and receiving system such as an Amped AP600EX paired with a SP600EX that will connect to the router and camera with cat5e or better ethernet cable.

Any system that I configure must be able for me to download upon demand to my iphone.

Connecting the barn to the house by ethernet cable is not an option. The video will be NG without time stamp. Also will need software.

I would appreciate advice

Thanks

It usually helps if you mention what type of camera you are trying to use.

I have not selected a camera yet but I saw one from securityman IPcam SD advertised through Home Depot for $140 that has a Ethernet Port,wireless antenna, and a sd card. The specs say it can be activated by motion, schedule etc. It mentions in the set up manual to remember to set the clock so my guess this camera will imprint the date and time. It also has plz but i intend to point it at the door. Since the feed room is dark normally if opened at night the person entering would turn on the light switch and if opened in day daylight would stream in. Mounting would be 12 ft from door and so does not need to be a outside camera. I am open to suggestions as I understand that some camera's and software open up network vulnerabilities.

Thanks for replying