luis c

amateur camera system

hi guys

i have now 4 GE cheap cameras i buy them at the local pricesmart, the cameras came with rca connectors, they are connected to a tv with a 4 RCA video channel selector

this is a very low budget system, i know this is a toy for you guys, but it have helped in my store with shoplifting...

now the problem is that i have to change manually wich camera i want to see, so i would like to have a quad so i can see the 4 cameras on my tv...

does quads work with this kind of cameras??

links with quad that would work for me???

do you have a link to the product you have?

if it is regular video on the RCA cables then all you would need are RCA-BNC adaptors and plug into the quads 4 inputs .. output going to the TV like before. Really depends on what unit you have now, but it is doable.

Rory

thanks

another question i saw a really cheap 8 camera quad on ebay, but someone toll me that i shouldnt buy it because it is refurbished...

its true??

8 camera quad means it only records/views 4 cameras at one time, switching ..

honestly with the cost of DVRs today, there are some budget units that make it worthwhile using an all in one DVR over a quad DIY set up .. whats your budget, are the cameras okay, and would you ever want to add more than 4 cameras?

rory

ok im thinking in buying this one : http://lorexstore.strategicvista.com/product.aspx?id=779&nav=2

this one has bnc inputs and outputs, my cameras have rca plugs and my tv rca jacks

would everything work ok if i just put the rca to bnc adapters???

i dont want to buy it to see that it doesnt work with cameras...

my cameras are cheap GE cameras that cost me around $50 dollars in the local pricesmart

it should once those RCA plugs on the cameras are regular composite video, normally any camera will work basically with an adaptor.