Sign in to follow this  
mshaffer

Trying to setup a public webcam using my Sanyo 2500

Hi, I have a Sanyo VCC-HD2500 camera and I'm trying to publish the stream to a public webpage where people can view it. I tried getting the FTP to work but it won't even try logging into any FTP server I set up. I also thought about streaming via RSTP to an Unreal Media streaming server, but I can't get that to work either. The only thing I've been able to figure out is the RSTP streaming, so now I can view it on my local network through VLC, which is cool, but it's frustrating not being able to put it on a webpage. I've spent so much time on this the last few days, it seems like at least the FTP should work but I've never seen the thing even try connecting, etc. I already have a hosting account with Network Solutions, so if the FTP were working it would be really easy to publish. Does anyone have any ideas? I upgraded the firmware yesterday and the FTP still doesn't do anything..

So you are FTPing a still image every few seconds and displaying it on the web page? If it works with VLC, then VLC has a way to re-stream, albeit doesn't look great, there's ghosting and artifacts, but may be a good experiment. What sort of problems are you having with Unreal Media? Setup a few times, works well and is easy to use.