brucelipkiss

Camera assembly - 20 meters , 30 meters , 50 meters etc

Hello friends ,

I am a reseller and would like to know how to assemble a 50 meter outdoor camera .

For example :- I have a Sony 1/3 700 TVL chip with a 3.6 mm lens and a 24 or 36 IR plate and a outer case .

i am able to assemble all and put in a casing and ready to go for a indoor 15 - 20 meter camera .

What i want to know is that how can i do the same with to assemble a 50 meter IR camera . I know i need bigger board with more LED s or a array led with distance upto 50 meters , my question is that the array will only make the IR travel to that distance , but the chip and the lens will be the same , so how will i get a closer view ( 50 meters distance view ) More over even if i change the lens to a 8mm or 12mm , it would take it further or put a Varifocal lens , i want to know will a 3.6mm lens work ? how is it done ? Kindly please let me know . Thanks a lot .

There are already so many cheap fake cameras on the market, I doubt you will be able to assemble your own and make any money doing it, not when I can call China and get a whole skid for next to nothing.

@ Mind twist - May be sir you did not understand my question well , it was not about the sensor size ,

it was about the tv lines i had to know in 1/4 or a 1/3 board. I have been assembling PC s and overclocking

GPU cards and CPU s . Yes i am new to the CCTV line , but i dont think so its so complicated . Now i got some

new chips from Shenzhen which are Enhanced "Effio-E" (CXD4140GG) says as a 700 TVL , and got some Big LED

( Array ) with casings and it works as a charm . My question was about the distance measured in 40, 50 Mtrs

camera as how it works . U need far away distance LED s i know , but will the Lens too need to be changed ,

as i have seen cameras having 3.6mm lens for a 50 meter , hope u got my question

At 50 metres with a 3.6mm lens on an analog camera you'll be lucky to tell a person from a bush. Just because a camera manufacturer puts a 3.6mm lens in a camera with LEDs that they claim will put a little bit of light (probably in a pencil pattern) out to 50m it doesn't mean the camera is good for 50m. Depending on the detail you need from the camera you'll probably want to start with a good 5-50mm lens with focal length marked on the barrel. Then, when you see with your own eyes what 6mm, 16mm, 40mm etc gives you at 50m using the chip and lighting you think you want to use, then you can decide for yourself. There's no "best" lens for 50m, but a whole lot of choices depending on whether or not you want to count nosehairs or just see if someone is moving or a vehicle is present when a driveway should be empty, or whatever.

wow ..! thank you Kawboy12R , now that is something i wanted to hear .. !! i shall work on it as u said so

and thank you again for your reply .