Sign in to follow this  
ricksi

Lens for 720p Camera

I purchased a Panasonic WV-SP305 camera and have been using a WV-LZA61/2 3.8~8mm lens. I also have and tried a Computar 3.5mm lens and saw no appreciable difference. The recommended lens for this camera is the WV-LZA62/2. It is designated as a "High Resolution" lens. My questions is would I see an appreciable difference if I bought a so called "High Resolution" lens for this camera?

Is there really a difference between older type lenses, such as the two I mentioned I've tried, versus megapixel lenses? Will I see an obvious difference if I buy one? The camera technology that increases pixel count makes sense to me, but I'm not clear on what makes a lens a megapixel type.

Higher quality optics.

Made to better standard.

Otherwise you may very well have soft or blurry picture with a cheap lens.

Is there really a difference between older type lenses, such as the two I mentioned I've tried, versus megapixel lenses? Will I see an obvious difference if I buy one? The camera technology that increases pixel count makes sense to me, but I'm not clear on what makes a lens a megapixel type.

I decided to purchase a Fujinon PLAMP2808 Mega Pixel lens to replace my older Computar TG2Z3514FCS-2 lens. The Fujinon cost me almost 3x as much and I see no difference in picture quality between the two.